Talk

Advanced search

DH big birthday watch

(8 Posts)
cungryhow Thu 28-Jan-16 08:09:21

Could anyone help me in the search for a watch for my dh's 50th birthday?

It needs to have a metal strap, large face (45mm+), fairly uncluttered dial and not keen on more than one massive knob on the side!

Budget is up to £500, if anyone could suggest any good brands or places to have a look at with that budget in mind I would be most grateful, would be willing to consider 2nd hand.

Had a browse on Amazon and The Watch Shop yesterday and was underwhelmed!

bigfatfeet Thu 28-Jan-16 09:18:55

I'm no watch expert but I bought a men's one from Links of London last year and have worn it loads, but have just had a quick look and they might fail the massive knob test:

www.linksoflondon.com/gb-en/men/watches

SquadGoals Thu 28-Jan-16 14:55:18

DH is a mid-priced watch fiend. He's not had much luck with his Tissots - had to get them both repaired last year - one after 2 months of having it, and the other only a year after it was previously fixed.

I got him a Claude Bernard like this for a big birthday and he loves it. It's got a silver strap, large face, classic dial (no weird extra bits) and only one knob on the side.

Didn't get it in the UK so can't help on that front unfortunately.

cungryhow Thu 28-Jan-16 15:34:11

thanks both, didn't even realise Links did watches. Some of them aren't too knob heavy! interesting about the Tissots, did finda few which looked fitted the brief. The Claude Bernard is lovely and simple, something it seems is hard to find these days!

bluesky Mon 01-Feb-16 14:13:08

Try Christopher Ward, they do lovely watches, really nice ones for special birthdays:

www.christopherward.co.uk/

Tate15 Mon 01-Feb-16 14:30:35

www.ernestjones.co.uk/webstore/d/3426238/citizen+eco-drive+men%27s+titanium+bracelet+watch/?cmCat=OVM

Mide7 Mon 01-Feb-16 14:32:07

Another vote for Christopher ward

Ohthepressure Mon 01-Feb-16 14:37:47

I live with a Christopher Ward fan too (and my women's watch from there is rather nice, I have to admit.)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now