Talk

Advanced search

Who do you wear your perfume for?

(17 Posts)
YetAnotherNC Wed 27-Jan-16 20:26:25

I've recently re-discovered a deep love for fragrances and perfumes. I love wearing them for myself, depending on or to enhance my mood. If I'm sad I might wear something I find meditative and soothing, if I'm happy I might wear something powerful and energising. I just wondered, who do you wear and choose your perfumes for? I have one which my other half Hates, but I love, and I wear it when I'm in bed alone or on my own in the day because it makes me feel good. I'm wondering whether buying a whole bottle is rather indulgent if I don't get to wear it "in public". Is style and beauty important when you are alone???

Talcumsoul Wed 27-Jan-16 20:29:28

I wear perfume for me. Just me.

JaceLancs Wed 27-Jan-16 20:30:32

Yes I buy perfume for me and choose which of the many I have based on mood, occasion, time of day and what clothes I'm wearing
I will wear ones DP loves or has bought me but only when I want to
The only time I avoid a particular scent is where someone I know has some kind of sensitivity to it

ChesterFuckingDraws Wed 27-Jan-16 20:32:33

Just me!
DH has two that he isn't keen on so I avoid them if we're going out but i generally just wear what I want when I want it we don't go out all that often

LordOfMisrule Wed 27-Jan-16 20:33:20

Me, obviously. Same person I make any beauty choice for confused

FrustratedFrugal Wed 27-Jan-16 20:33:48

Completely for myself. I pick office-appropriate ones and classics for daytime, and test new weird conceptual stuff at night when I'm alone. I have a mix of samples, minis, decants and FBs - samples are just as lovely as a full bottle.

Cel982 Wed 27-Jan-16 20:35:01

Me, mainly. But I wouldn't wear one that my OH found really unpleasant, that would seem a bit inconsiderate.

ppandj Wed 27-Jan-16 20:36:30

I wear one perfume for all occasions. I love it and it suits my skin, I often get complimented on it! I don't wear it for anyone but me, as it happens DP isn't that keen really. I love the smell though!

LaurieFairyCake Wed 27-Jan-16 20:39:49

I'm a total perfume tart, have about 50

My current 2 favourites are my Jo Loves ones - pink vetiver, lavender and cedar shards. They are so lovely.

mayflyaway Wed 27-Jan-16 20:40:45

just me!

'Nice' (subjective as that is) smells are pretty much guaranteed to lift my mood.

fanjoforthemammaries7850 Wed 27-Jan-16 20:40:51

Myself

Tiggeryoubastard Wed 27-Jan-16 20:42:13

Me. Although at work I don't wear perfume because of my job. I love my perfume.

73dexter Wed 27-Jan-16 20:42:55

I wear perfume for myself. My dh has no sense of smell so it makes no difference to him!

YetAnotherNC Wed 27-Jan-16 20:53:08

I think perfumes can be your ally - I've been having a really shit time recently and perfumes have been a little world of escape to me. They make me more sure of myself, comfort me, reinforce me. I think I might be wearing them a little like battle armour at the moment!

mumsnit Wed 27-Jan-16 20:53:16

Me! Although it's always nice when you get a compliment about it.

I match mine with my mood too and with clothes. I tend to see fragrance as colours (strange I know) so often instinctively reach for a particular scent depending on what I'm wearing!

Shame your OH doesn't like the one you love...

YetAnotherNC Wed 27-Jan-16 20:57:55

The one I love but OH hates is Papillon Salome and it's a bit of a roaring musky beast of a perfume, so I can see why he might not like it... But I still love it.

LovelyFriend Wed 27-Jan-16 21:38:05

absolutely me!

though I am aware that others can smell it, so if someone doesn't like a particular perfume I'd avoid wearing it around them. there is one I don;t wear to the office as my colleague isn't keen, but he likes the others I wear (we share an office).

I have a friend I don't see vey often, who is chemically sensitive and I would not wear any perfume if I was spending time with her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now