Does anyone use Bumble & Bumble?

(9 Posts)
Nabootique Wed 27-Jan-16 13:35:17

Really tempted by some of their shampoos and conditioners. Are they worth it? I have the Don't Blow It cream stuff and I do really like that. My hair is fine, limp and there's very little of it (sparse, I mean, rather than short), and a lot of their shampoos and conditioners seem quite similar in what they promise. Most seem to be geared towards fuller, thicker, not weighed down hair, which is what I want, but amount of their products promising the same thing is very confusing!

Ponymagic Wed 27-Jan-16 14:02:22

I use their coconut shampoo. Have done for a long time and really like it but am wondering what I could try instead as I think my hair has become too used to it. Have also used Coloursave and a blue one ... seaweed or something.

WhoGivesAFlying Wed 27-Jan-16 14:04:55

Pony, one a week, try the B&B Sunday shampoo, this will get rid of the build up of product in your hair and you will find your normal shampoo will have the "new" effect again

Gingefringe Wed 27-Jan-16 17:19:44

I have used their shampoos and conditioners which are ok, but regularly use their volumising hairspray and styling creme on my fine, limp hair and find they make a big difference. I've been using them for a few years and really notice the difference when I go back to other styling lotions.
I use Redken volumising shampoo and conditioner and rate them quite highly.

ShesGotLionsInHerHeart Wed 27-Jan-16 17:20:53

I used it for about 6 months and by the end my hair was a wreck; lank and weighed down with product build up.

Now I use cheapo Herbal Essences and it's much better!

HairsprayQueen Wed 27-Jan-16 17:27:54

The sales woman at the B&B counter gave me a sample of the invisible oil shampoo and conditioner when I was last buying Don't Blow It. I liked it when I washed, hair smelt gorgeous and looked good on first day but the next day it had a really lank, greasy appearance, not like normal greasy hair but as if I'd not washed it out the day before at all.

Nabootique Wed 27-Jan-16 17:33:53

It's interesting how many people, including reviews on sites that sell it, report a build up over time. I've never had that happen with a shampoo or conditioner. You'd think expensive products geared towards fine hair wouldn't do that! Might give Redken a try, thanks for the recommendation.

Ponymagic Wed 27-Jan-16 18:36:34

Whogives - thank you, I will try that. My hair cannot do without a daily wash right now and it's a real pain. Like you say, it must be build up .... hadn't thought about it!

Welliesandwings Thu 28-Jan-16 21:00:52

I've got the seaweed shampoo and tbh I prefer Organixx Argan Oil shampoo. Is B&B worth the price? Not in my opinion.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now