Talk

Advanced search

What do you think of this faux leather jacket? keeper or not?

(6 Posts)
keeponkeepinon Wed 27-Jan-16 12:32:23

I'm finally getting to the point on this one - given that this is faux leather, whats your opinion on the quality of it? Is it a keeper or save up for the real thing?
Thanks to all! I need to make a decision!
jacket

CrystalMcPistol Wed 27-Jan-16 12:48:18

I'm not a pleather fan. It looks fine in pictures but in reality it's just a pale imitation. I'd save up for the real thing or buy secondhand on ebay.

RickOShay Wed 27-Jan-16 12:50:20

It is a nice jacket. Are you happy with black? I dream of butter leather caramel or soft turquoise. Would you be happier spending the 50 quid on something else, or putting it into your dream jacket pot, rather than one that will do. Basically unless you love it for itself, I say no.

keeponkeepinon Wed 27-Jan-16 14:35:45

Thanks, I am going to save up for one I really love later in the year when I hope to have lost a bit of poundage. In the meantime I'm going to try and find a bargain on ebay - it'll help me know what I want when I buy my forever leather jacket! I can find plenty thats cheaper than this pleather one anyway!
Its clear i can't get over the pleather thing. Its a lovely jacket, but unless I love it there's no point, I'm going to replace it eventually anyway.

mowglik Wed 27-Jan-16 14:45:57

I think it looks fine, I have 1 pleather and quite a few leather and the only way you could tell was if you touched them or looked up really close.

I would go ahead and buy it! You might decide after wearing for a bit that you dont like that style and want a different style leather jacket.

amarmai Wed 27-Jan-16 15:24:22

pros and cons- pleather is great for rain and this does not look pleathery anyway. if it looks good on you and you will wear it , get it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now