Talk

Advanced search

Eyebrows - make up recommendations please

(12 Posts)
PolovesTubbyCustard Wed 27-Jan-16 08:11:16

I have quite fair (and not overly lush) eyebrows. My hair is naturally a mid/dark brown, but have had it dyed this week and it's just a tad TOO dark for my face.

I don't like to wear much make up - but think if I just define my eyebrows then the overall effect will look much more natural.

In recent times have used Benefit Gimme Brow - but my hair was lighter then . I have the lighter shade - and it's doing nothing.

Nabootique Wed 27-Jan-16 08:37:00

The L'Oreal brow mascara is really good. It's meant to be a dupe for the Benefit one, although I've not tried that. I have the dark one and it looks really natural.

bchvrs Wed 27-Jan-16 08:42:04

I loooooove Soap & Glory brow archery, couldn't recommend it more. First 'pencil' product I've tried as I always thought I'd be better with powder.

Comes with a pencil side + a fine line side, both stay on all day without fail. Also heard it's a dupe for the Anastasia Beverly Hills brow pencils (can't remember the name) - tried the ABH dipbrow + it's far too much hard work for me to bother with regularly.

Can't comment on colour selection just yet as I've only used the light brown colour that came with a soap & glory set I was given for Xmas but definitely go into boots + have a look smile

PolovesTubbyCustard Wed 27-Jan-16 09:02:01

Thanks for the replies.

Boots bound today. I willcheck out both of those and see how they look.

HumptyDumptyBumpty Wed 27-Jan-16 09:07:14

MUA brand, in Superdrug. They do a little palette in two shades, one is fair/brown, the other is darker. The fairer one is what I use, it's ace. Has a little thingy of wax to tame the brows as well as the colours & highlighter, and cheap as chips.

Julieb85 Sat 30-Jan-16 22:01:34

I have literally tried everything and have stumbled across anastacia Beverly Hills dip brow. I couldn't live without it!

AllThreeWays Sat 30-Jan-16 22:13:53

Dipbrow is very good, but application is a bit of a learning curve. Use light strokes or it can look like a pair of black caterpillars.

Julieb85 Sat 30-Jan-16 22:30:38

Very true! It takes a bit of getting used too! I just dip the brush, swirls around the lid and dav the excess...makes it a bit easier to apply!

PolovesTubbyCustard Sun 31-Jan-16 09:45:44

Update.

I couldn't get the L'oreal brow mascara - they oly had the lightest colour left -in both boots and superdrug.

So I bought a MUA Brow Define. It's way too dark for me. Plus so much comes of the brush at a time it's impossible to control. luckily it was cheap. As allthreeways says - a pair of black caterpillars.

Also picked up a powder kit by Collection That was a palette of three shades of powder with a clear brush on gel. That wasn't too bad - and I got a not too bad result.

Ended up going to the salon and got them tinted. Much, much better effect in the end.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

I think it is one of those areas that are so different for everyone - and it's tricky to find just the right product for complexion, volume and shape of brows.

Floowho Sun 31-Jan-16 10:19:08

I got a Stila eyebrow pen from the beauty section in M and S. The mid colour is a perfect grey/taupe colour, so no red and not too dark.

StillStayingClassySanDiego Sun 31-Jan-16 10:29:46

Anastacia Beverley Hills!

Dipbrow and Brow Wiz plus #12 brush for applying the Dipbrow.

Absolutely brilliant product, I have sparse blonde brows and her stuff has transformed them, should've bought them years ago.

Iusedtobecarmen Sun 31-Jan-16 18:58:20

You can get gimme brow in a darker shade
My eyebrows are dark and ive used this. Ive also got benefit brow zings which always gets good reviews.
Would you not get yours tinted? Although mine are darkish I still get them tinted and when they are first done it looks better than any filler-in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now