Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Recommendations for a facial exfoliater

(14 Posts)
SESthebrave Tue 26-Jan-16 15:51:41

I'd appreciate recommendations for a facial exfoliater for dry skin that doesn't contain harmful micro beads. (Harmful to wildlife after they're washed down the sink, in case you wondered what I meant!)

Tate15 Tue 26-Jan-16 16:02:39

r is a natural source of glycolic acid. Glycolic acid boosts new cell production and breaks down the protein that keeps the dead cells hanging onto your skin. Pure can sugar crystals work best, like this one. Mix the sugar crystals with your favorite massage oil (olive, jojoba, grapeseed, almond, etc.) to make a paste. Scrub on your face in a circular motion, rinse, wash as usual.

Tate15 Tue 26-Jan-16 16:03:10

Sea salt is full of trace minerals that rejuvenate your skin, stimulate cell growth, and help your skin retail moisture. A sea salt scrub is great for dry skin. Mix with lavender essential oil and/or your favorite massage oil (olive, jojoba, grapeseed, almond, etc.) to make a paste. Scrub on your face in a circular motion, rinse, wash as usual.

Tate15 Tue 26-Jan-16 16:03:32

Oatmeal is a very gentle exfoliant, so it’s perfect for sensitive skin. It is a natural anti-inflammatory and is very moisturizing. Mix finely ground oatmeal with honey and/or kefir (you can also use yogurt or buttermilk). Scrub on your face in a circular motion, let sit for 15-30 minutes, rinse, wash as usual.

Tate15 Tue 26-Jan-16 16:04:47

kulamama.com/better-than-botox-facial-scrub/

70isaLimitNotaTarget Tue 26-Jan-16 16:25:30

I bought an M&S Formula Thermal Exfoliating Cleanser ( I use once a week) it's lovely, not 'gritty' .

I have used (and I will buy again if I can find the big bottle) the Philosophy Micro Delivery wash which has , I think, a fine salt scrub (I know it dissolves so not a wax/bead)

Or Liz Earle Exfoliant - has jojoba beads .

MissAlabamaWhitman Tue 26-Jan-16 17:16:45

N Spa enzymatic exfoliator from asda is a great dupe for YSL exfoliating gommage and both are the best I've tried.

stumblymonkey Tue 26-Jan-16 17:25:31

The best ever exfoliator I've used is Huygens, not widely known in the UK as its French but very good!

It uses rice powder as the exfoliator so I believe this should be environmentally friendly...

https://www.birchbox.co.uk/shop/huygens-exfoliating-cream

westcountrywoman Tue 26-Jan-16 18:49:49

I use a Tropic Skincare one I bought at a party. It's actually rather good - I only bought it to be polite. It uses sugar and rice to exfoliate.

Otherwise, St Ives apricot scrubs are good and don't use micro-beads.

applecatchers36 Tue 26-Jan-16 18:56:48

Jason apricot scrub doesn't have microbeads, parabens, silicones and other nasties etc...

Wolpertinger Tue 26-Jan-16 19:08:45

Glycolic acid. Much better than scrubbing at your skin with particles or beads or grit or bits of apricot or whatever and tearing at your skin. Nip and Fab Glycolic Fix for one, there are loads of others.

WhoisLucasHood Tue 26-Jan-16 19:11:33

I use a facial exfoliation sponge with my normal soap or cleanser.

Shop Tue 26-Jan-16 19:13:37

Nip + fab glycolic fix scrub or Alpha H microcleanse

SESthebrave Tue 26-Jan-16 22:59:04

Wow! Thank you all for your suggestions. There's lots here I can try.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now