What's your favourite shampoo and conditioner

(20 Posts)
Indecisivejo Tue 26-Jan-16 14:26:28

I still haven't found one I like sad

Diddlydokey Tue 26-Jan-16 14:28:17

www.boots.com/en/Lee-Stafford-Oily-Roots-Dry-Ends-Shampoo-250ml-_1423043/

does what it says on the tin for me.

Nabootique Tue 26-Jan-16 14:46:31

Has the Moogoo not worked out Jo? I saw your thread about the tangles. I'd been thinking about getting some myself as I suffer from an itchy, flaky scabby head. That aside, I do like Living Proof Full for adding some volume to my fine, limp, thinning hair. The top of my head causes me much woe, can you tell?

AppleSetsSail Tue 26-Jan-16 14:51:12

Lee Stafford products smell amazing!

I use Toni and Guy which also smells amazing and they have a brunette range (I hate to see my colour fade) and I also use the Reed and Percy hair mask which... smells amazing.

I'm smell obsessed.

MNetter15 Tue 26-Jan-16 14:54:14

Aussie!

GummyBunting Tue 26-Jan-16 14:55:19

Kerastase.
Although I have quite a lot of hair, it's very fine and can fall flat easily, so I need a shampoo and conditioner that doesn't leave residue or buildup. Kerastase is brilliant.

ShotgunNotDoingThePans Tue 26-Jan-16 14:56:06

I came on to say Moogoo, but maybe that's been tried and rejected.

Indecisivejo Tue 26-Jan-16 14:57:24

Nabootique I'm not liking the moogoo shampoo and conditioner (like other stuff I got though) I just cannot get on with the dry tangly feeling while washing, I can't get my fingers through to massage the shampoo in and when I rinse it out its so matted! Also my scalp is still really itchy.

sparechange Tue 26-Jan-16 14:57:47

I luffs this one
It is regularly reduced to about £5 a bottle at any one time, either in boots, Waitrose or on Amazon, so you should shop around
www.boots.com/en/OGX-Renewing-Moroccan-Argan-Oil-Shampoo-385ml_1222268/
very low on chemical nasties (SLS, Parabans etc) which is also good

Nabootique Tue 26-Jan-16 15:02:37

Sorry to hear that. I had a thread about my scalp issues with a few recommendations that might be helpful: www.mumsnet.com/Talk/style_and_beauty/2502601-Dandruff-or-something-like-it

I've not tried any of them yet though. I really should.

ilovewelshrarebit123 Tue 26-Jan-16 15:08:18

Any of the Alberto Balsam ones, £1 each in Tesco and by far the best range I've ever used.

I wash my hair everyday so have tried lots of ranges!

Daffodil90 Tue 26-Jan-16 15:32:17

Aveda all the way. I use Blue Malva because it helps reduce brassy tones to help with my bleached hair but they do a range of different ones for different hair types. For conditioner I either use Dry Remedy or Damage Remedy, both are amazing and then I use Dry Remedy daily oil for added moisture.

I wash my hair every 4-5 days and a litre of shampoo costs about £25 but lasts about a year (my standard Xmas pres from DM!) Waaaaay cheaper in the long run than lots of others out there smile

AppleSetsSail Tue 26-Jan-16 15:34:33

I wash my hair everyday so have tried lots of ranges!

It's my dream to wash my hair every day, I love clean hair. Fades my colour way too fast.

GummyBunting Tue 26-Jan-16 15:40:55

welshrarebit nooooo it's really bad for your hair to wash it every day!

AppleSetsSail Tue 26-Jan-16 15:43:06

Gummy I think it largely depends on how naturally oily your hair is and to an extent, your age.

My sister washes her hair every single day and sometimes twice a day! She thinks I'm vile for not washing mine daily. Mind you, we're American. wink

Archer26 Tue 26-Jan-16 15:54:07

Vosene frequent use. Not the original though as that makes my hair like straw.

I wash my hair every other day and this is the only shampoo that I've found doesn't leave my hair feeling heavy with product.

Conditioner i tend to use asdas own brand or at the other end of the scale arbonnes hair masque. It lasts ages but for the price it should. Though having a sil who works for arbonne helps

iseenodust Tue 26-Jan-16 15:56:33

Aussie - volume.

FrustratedFrugal Tue 26-Jan-16 16:22:23

Wella, excellent for fine hair.

MaryMarigold Tue 26-Jan-16 19:07:09

"Yes to Coconuts" ultra moisturising shampoo and conditioner. You can get it from Boots.

I have lots of fine hair which has a tendency to get dry, staticky and tangly.

This has sorted it out. I wash with the shampoo twice a week and co-wash three time a week.

It also smells lovely.

Mominatrix Tue 26-Jan-16 20:05:38

Matrix Biolage series. Been using it off and on since my 20s, and each time I wander away and come back, I wonder why I ever switched. Love the smell - a fresh lightly grapefruity scent which is not cloying and it is fantastic on my frequently washed hair (at least once a day). My hair is in amazing condition - shiny, thick and very healthy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now