Talk

Advanced search

Please help - dreadful eye bags since having DD!

(15 Posts)
ApplesTheHare Mon 25-Jan-16 22:44:26

Can anyone recommend a decent eye product/cover up? Since having DD nearly 18 months ago I just look haggard despite investing in YSL touché éclat and, more recently, loreal's magic eye blur. I don't have a huge budget but realise I need to prioritise my eyes atm having just seen some photos of me from an event at the weekend! confused

travailtotravel Mon 25-Jan-16 22:48:07

Honestly? Sleep, lots of water, not so much on the coffee and alcohol. Easier said than done, mind

ApplesTheHare Mon 25-Jan-16 23:01:57

The galling thing is that I only drink water and then one cup of either tea or coffee per day. I stopped drinking because I couldn't handle toddler life with even a mild hangover and vaguely thought my skin might look gorgeous as a result but no such luck! The eye bags remain at full strength! shock

22OntarioStreet Tue 26-Jan-16 00:08:22

As well as what's already been advised what I found worked for my awful eye bags was lymphatic eye drainage massage.

I think this is the one I used m.youtube.com/watch?v=9z3VUi3wqWw

Jade rollers are also good for massage. I got one really cheap on Amazon (pretty sure it's not jade but it's cold and round and does the trick!)

Also don't use any creams that are too thick and heavy round your eyes.

In terms of covering them the best technique is to (very carefully) put a concealer 1-2 shades lighter than your skin tone under the bags. Try your best not to get any on the bags or you'll just highlight them. Don't use anything illuminating on the actual bags or it'll just draw attention to them.

I use Maybelline fit me concealer over the whole eye area and then MUFE HD concealer under my bags.

Loads of people swear by Collection concealer. It covered really well but I found it quite drying and it made under my eyes look really wrinkly!

ApplesTheHare Tue 26-Jan-16 07:37:40

Thanks 22 I'll look into massage and rollers. I think I was naively looking for a product that would cover and get rid of them but I obviously need to up my game!

ICJump Tue 26-Jan-16 09:19:14

Oh la lift from benefit is pretty good. It's sort of pinky so balances out the blue if bags with out making them shinning. And you don't have to wear base to use it

YetAnotherNC Tue 26-Jan-16 10:08:21

I've started using vitamin c serum and noticed improvement in my skin tone, texture and weirdly my eye bags are getting better. Perhaps that's because my collagen is being woken up. I too was feeling v down about the eye bags.

Buttercup443 Tue 26-Jan-16 13:16:44

Sleep on a raised pillow so the lymph fluids drain

spankhurst Tue 26-Jan-16 15:47:17

Nivea Q10 serum pearls eye cream made mine better.

Jmangel Tue 26-Jan-16 19:50:14

Huge 2nd to all Ontario said - look up Wayne Goss tutorial on YouTube for demo of how to put the lighter shade of Concealer under the bag -it works amazingly. I also use Genie line smoother from QVC to tighten up the bag and have under eye tightening with tca peel every 2-3 months. I also use a dermawand 3 x week - should use it every day really but never find the time. The dermawand is a cheats way of doing lymph massage - same movements performed but just suped up!

CatThiefKeith Tue 26-Jan-16 19:54:34

I only get them after a heavy or late night, so no idea if it works long term but I've always found a little dab of anusol (the pile cream) firms them up a treat.

It's cheap, so worth a try of nothing else! smile

wanderingwondering Tue 26-Jan-16 20:01:21

My problem is not so much bags but dark circles. What would people recommend for that?

Heyheyheygoodbye Tue 26-Jan-16 20:18:17

Radiant Rose from MAC is lovely for dark circles.

wanderingwondering Tue 26-Jan-16 20:19:15

Excellent-will hunt some down thank you

LoadsaBlusher Tue 26-Jan-16 20:23:31

I have two DC , terrible sleepers plus I work shifts and I have found the best concealer to be Rimmel Lasting Finish.
It's heavy duty stuff and I love it.
I find YSL touché eclat very light coverage , the lasting finish is a thick cream based one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now