Talk

Advanced search

Anyone every ordered from SheIn?

(13 Posts)
sweetheart Mon 25-Jan-16 09:55:51

My daughter wants to order some clothes from a website called SheIn. I've never heard of them before so thought I'd see if anyone here has used them first.

Jmangel Mon 25-Jan-16 13:09:31

Yes I've placed 3 orders over the last year and have been thrilled with it. Now there is a lot of tat on there and you really need to read the reviews and look at the photos that customers have uploaded but they do have some gems. I got a Self Portrait style dress - my friend has the exact same dress but hers is the real deal and I swear mine looks better. Mine was £24 and hers was £350! I also got a gorgeous Chloe Drew lookalike bag and their knitwear is really good quality and a bit unusual - origami style or with lace etc. If I look in my wardrobe now, the pieces that get the most comments are from Sheinside. Now you do have to wait for your delivery - leave up to a month. It will come and you won't have to pay tax. It all comes rolled up in the smallest package imaginable and can be creased but nothing an iron can't sort out. The sizing is tiny which I like so size up. I'm 6/8 but would order small or medium never extra small. And don't write it off for yourself either - I'm 43 and think it's ace - I've got a wedding next month and got a gorgeous thick boiled wool felt like trench style wrap coat in a stunning bright burgundy shade - can't wait to wear it and it was £18 - a friend saw it in my kitchen after I'd ironed it and asked if it was MaxMara!!

sweetheart Mon 25-Jan-16 13:33:51

ohhh thanks Jmangel - have you ever sent anything back? I'm wondering how easy their returns process is?

Jmangel Mon 25-Jan-16 14:14:20

No I've never needed to but they do have a returns policy - not sure how much P&P would be though back to Hong Kong especially for bulky items - could be sore! tbh the prices are so low that it would almost be worth the risk. I have placed large orders each time around the £70 mark in order to get free P&P so even if one or two items weren't right it would still be worth it overall iykwim. Luckily I've loved everything but I've double checked measurements, read every review and zoomed in super close on material detail. I'm super fussy but have been very happy.

Ellejones Mon 21-Aug-17 13:00:49

Hi, I too have found some great items there for my kids and myself too (nice to stay trendy 😉). Just wondering what you mean when you say that you don't have to pay tax on items you buy from their website?! Will they be sent from America or China ? How come there's no tax on them? Thanks , any help I can get would be greatly appreciated, as have had lots of different answers from different websites ??! Ta

Jmangel Mon 21-Aug-17 13:43:00

This is an old thread but I'm still here! The clothes are sent from Hong Kong via Belgium and I think it's the Belgian stop over that means that no additional tax is charged - also it's courier delivery not Post Office led so I don't know if that makes the tax avoidance more achievable?
I'm still ordering from Sheen fairly regularly and have never had a tax charge on receipt of delivery.

Ellejones Tue 22-Aug-17 09:58:41

Ah thank you so much for your reply! Really helped out -- I've heard quite a few bad thins about shein but I'm going to risk it just this once! Btw - could I b cheeky and ask another question - How much is the P&P normally (I have found an order worth £39) ?! Thanks for your help

CockneyRhymer Tue 22-Aug-17 10:12:58

What's the length like? I like the look of lots of their stuff but am pretty tall so don't want to order if it comes up short.

Ellejones Tue 22-Aug-17 21:33:38

I've heard that because it's clothing from China, sizing is normally quite small so they recommend that you get at least one size up. Plus, it you scroll over the size you're thinking of getting, it tells you the length of their items, waist dimensions etc ....

Scabetty Tue 22-Aug-17 22:17:59

My dd had to pay tax on her recent order before DHL would deliver.

Ellejones Thu 24-Aug-17 18:15:55

Was it a lot? Did your order say that there would be tax involved? Thnx for your comment btw smile)

Scabetty Thu 24-Aug-17 18:43:41

I think about £3.50 on a £20 order. It seemed to be a surprise to her. Only used them a couple of times and this was first time extra payment requested.

LockedOutOfMN Thu 24-Aug-17 21:13:55

Please don't use Shein.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now