Talk

Advanced search

Swimming + shaving when pregnant?!

(9 Posts)
bchvrs Mon 25-Jan-16 09:30:41

Okay so I'm 33 weeks pregnant + after months of reading how relaxing + lovely swimming is, I want to try it.

The maternity swimming costumes + tankini's I have seen seem to both be overly expensive + all have tiny little pants, no little comfy shorts. My arse has grown so much since becoming pregnant + I can't imagine it fitting into a pair of tiny little pants at all.

Any recommendations on where to buy maternity swim wear? Hopefully not too expensive? Might try on a few non maternity swim short thingys + see if they fit.

Also. HOW THE F AM I EXPECTED TO SHAVE MY LEGS? How? Just how? I've not even seen them since early December. So how? Seriously how?

mrslebon Mon 25-Jan-16 12:57:23

I'm 34 weeks and I have this swimsuit from Figleaves. It does the job.

www.figleaves.com/uk/product/FIG-SS117203/figleaves-maternity-Belle-Maternity-Swimsuit/?size=&colour=Black

Re: shaving - I have no problems still doing mine as usual but I am carrying quite small! Maybe go get a leg wax at your local salon? Or if on a budget, try your local beauty training college and book in with one of the students for a leg wax.

bchvrs Mon 25-Jan-16 14:05:03

Oooh that's one place I haven't looked + you're right, this could be a prime opportunity to get over my fear of waxing. Thank you!!!!

Micah Mon 25-Jan-16 14:09:29

Don't shave or wax (can be painful in pregnancy, probably not a good time to try if you have a fear!) if you don't want to. Nobody will care, if they even look past the bump to notice!

Swimwear is lycra- just buy a cheap costume in a larger than normal size. It'll stretch, and you can wear it after if necessary. Alternatively Speedo do reasonable maternity costumes.

bchvrs Mon 25-Jan-16 14:56:37

Also very good advice, I wouldn't care if it was just a little stubble but pregnancy hormones have made my hair growth crazy.. I shall have to try + have a look! Thank you!!

wonkylegs Mon 25-Jan-16 15:06:37

I have a non pregnancy bikini in a larger size which fits fabulously even with a large bump. Because I bought separates I can wear a larger top to accommodate my inflated boobs and shorts only 1 size bigger than normal. It was also cheaper than maternity swimwear.

bchvrs Mon 25-Jan-16 17:00:59

Thankyou!! Just ordered a pair of non maternity swim pants/shorts in a bigger size, will see how it goes grin

DianaT1969 Tue 26-Jan-16 19:48:47

I would agree that at 33 weeks it's a waste to invest in a maternity swimsuit. You can just buy any cup sized bikini top in the sales (lots of swimwear on sale at the moment) and wear with any pair of swim shorts. Assuming your bust doesn't change dramatically straight after birth you'll get use out of it for months afterwards. Now is definitely not the time to care what other people think at the pool.

hugoagogo Tue 26-Jan-16 20:26:49

If you are struggling to shave your legs, you could try a silky mit thingie?
Or just don't worry about it- no one else will care. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now