Talk

Advanced search

Hush ruched skirt - thoughts? sizing?

(11 Posts)
BritabroadinAsia Mon 25-Jan-16 01:22:56

Tempted to get the black one, reviews all positive although say it's a bit loose at the waist (NOT a problem here. It's January.).

No mediums left so thinking about sizing up. Any views on this?

It also looks very short, although being substantially shorter than the models am hoping it won't be an issue.

Higge Mon 25-Jan-16 07:16:19

It's to short on me - rides up a bit...I'm 5ft 8

Floisme Mon 25-Jan-16 07:46:14

It's very short but I wear it low on my hips which makes it knee length on me. I'm 5'3. It was worth it because they had a colour I really wanted (burgundy). Otherwise I'd have probably sent it back.

BritabroadinAsia Mon 25-Jan-16 10:30:19

Thanks for the replies.

I'm 5'5, so hopefully if I get a larger size and it sits low I won't look too mutton-y. Probably worth a try.

Burgundy is lovely, but sadly sold out in all but XS.

thegoldenlemon Mon 25-Jan-16 15:18:13

I am a size 10 and have medium and returned the small as it was too snug for my liking.

Wagglebees Mon 25-Jan-16 15:34:33

Size 10 here too. The small was very tight. Swapped for a medium and it's ok but still a bit uncomfortable. So I'd say try sizing up or get two to compare.

PurpleWithaMysteryBun Mon 25-Jan-16 15:57:07

5'5' and size 12, I have ml and m. I prefer medium. the M'l as it was back then, makes it look too wrinkly for my liking. I can adjust however I want to wear the medium. The only thing I find is that it rides up when I am walking fast, but not embarassingly so.

Siolence Mon 25-Jan-16 20:01:43

5'8" size 12 medium. Does ride up when walking. I wouldn't wear it to work but work is formal.

Laska5772 Mon 25-Jan-16 21:02:12

I bought the burgundy in L , am 5'6 and sz 12 ,its perfect .. thought M was just too tight and rode up ..

...seems like different strokes..

BritabroadinAsia Tue 26-Jan-16 13:41:20

Sadly am more of a 14 than 12 at the moment, so am thinking perhaps it's not going to work in the L. Hmmmm.

<empties virtual shopping basket, glares at biscuit tin>

Thanks for all the replies smile

PurpleWithaMysteryBun Tue 26-Jan-16 14:05:49

I personally would think a L would work for a 14. I was more like a 14 when I bought the M/L last summer. If you love it go for it! Such a versatile skirt smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now