Uniqlo or pure collection cashmere

(7 Posts)
Brillenbar Sun 24-Jan-16 19:27:48

I've had a bit of a moth problem .... Pretty comical state for some of my jumpers in a you have to laugh kind of way ( else you'd cry)

I actually need a navy and a grey round neck jumper, which do those of you who have an opinion think is better, Uniqlo or pure collection? I can't justify Brora ....

PollyPerky Sun 24-Jan-16 19:29:38

Uniqlo styling is ok though a bit 'dated' and ordinary- I have a couple of their jumpers for everyday wear.

Pure is nicer and a better choice of styles but more £££.

Higge Sun 24-Jan-16 20:02:32

I didn't like the cashmere from Pure it wrinkled badly, so I couldn't wear the cardigan again without ironing it - the sleeves were on the short side too. Now on my 7th cashmere from Uniqlo, I wear them every day - machine wash regularly and I'm really happy with them. If you prefer a looser fit try the men's dept too.

cardoon Sun 24-Jan-16 20:08:02

Uniqlo - this style is great and not at all dated

I have always found Pure to be a bit prickly

Ponymagic Sun 24-Jan-16 21:00:32

I have two jumpers from Pure and love both.

Floisme Sun 24-Jan-16 21:20:53

I haven't bought much from Pure but it's always been good quality - as it should be as it's more ££.

I've found Uniqlo very unpredictable e.g I bought two cashmere jumpers from them a couple of years ago - one is still in good condition but the other has turned to fuzzy felt.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 24-Jan-16 21:37:39

I had a look at the cotton cashmere in Uniqlo.
The cableknit was really rough, the fine knit was nice (smooth) and there was a weird textured one that looked like a dishcloth!

Cashmere was nice but so thin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now