Talk

Advanced search

what to wear with a button front cord skirt

(9 Posts)
Woodhill Sun 24-Jan-16 18:00:14

i got a fatface one in the sale in brown cord and I like it. However I've got nothing to go with it. I bought a roll neck but I feel like I am being strangled so no good, the crew neck neutral top I bought doesn't look good either as it makes my bust look huge.

I would love a plain scoop neck top in cream but they don't seem to exist. The one cream scoop neck I have is old and too long.

thanks

SuperFlyHigh Sun 24-Jan-16 18:03:28

OP I was going to suggest a roll neck (polo neck) too.

Cream Plain scoop necks I don't have them long sleeved (I have a white/ivory short sleeved &otherstories one) but oasis do nice long sleeve scoop neck tops and I'm sure Uniqlo would have some. Also H&M basics have that sort of top I think.

CurlsLDN Mon 25-Jan-16 09:33:37

Something like this?

www.hannahmaggs.co.uk/turning-into-my-mother/

clippityclop Mon 25-Jan-16 15:29:59

How about a v neck cashmere jumper, or a crew neck cardigan with the buttons done up?

beautyadoration Mon 25-Jan-16 16:26:28

I think you can wear so much with them skirts. You could grab a plain blouse and tuck it in, a simple long sleeve top or even a simple low neck tee. I really like them with tights, boots and a roll neck jumper.

Woodhill Mon 25-Jan-16 21:01:59

thanks I may hang on to it but although the roll neck looked lovely it was too uncomfortable. Hopefully I will find some things.

Oly5 Mon 25-Jan-16 21:16:16

A simple cashmere jumper

EmmaWoodlouse Tue 26-Jan-16 17:21:32

I think either a loose cowl neck or a plain scoop neck with some kind of scarf. It sounds like a wintery skirt so I wouldn't wear it with anything too light and flimsy looking.

clippityclop Tue 26-Jan-16 20:51:57

Have you tried giving the collar of the roll neck a good yank to stretch it a bit? I've done this successfully with all mine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now