Need an outfit for birthday drinks, can't find anything I like

(4 Posts)
Paddingtonthebear Sun 24-Jan-16 17:58:17

Just spent all afternoon looking for something to wear out for birthday drinks. Went to two different towns. Didn't even try anything on. sad

Why can't I find anything I like? Don't want to be the stereotypical mum who wears a sparkly top and jeans or trousers. But I rarely go out in the evening anymore so I don't really have anything and I don't know what to buy.

Can someone help me? I have black and dark skinnies so could wear those with something. I have boots and heels. I have a couple of Blazers. I'm going to a pub so if I find a dress it needs to be casual. All the stuff I've seen in the shops looks so shapeless, garish or just just drab grey, or high necked and won't suit me, or too young for me (39). Tops all look like cheap and polyester-ish now.

I used to be fashionable! I just don't know where to look anymore. I am quite short, size 10 but large of bust. Budget £80 so not much! confusedblush
confused please help me?

Jmangel Sun 24-Jan-16 20:45:12

Gosh I don't know except I used to feel like you that everything looked grey and shapeless but now my favourite colour is grey and my go to outfits are skinny bottoms with trapeze cut hip length tops. How about some skinny pleather leggings with a v neck tunic style top and then killer heels and a blazer with a roll over clutch? Nothing sparkly at all. Or a cool jumpsuit? Have a look in Zara, All Saints and Top Shop.

Dobinette Sun 24-Jan-16 21:53:17

How about:
www.riverisland.com/women/t-shirts--vests/print-t-shirts--vests/green-paisley-print-cold-shoulder-top-681596

Or (not sure about the boots):
www.riverisland.com/women/dresses/day--t-shirt-dresses/blue-print-kimono-sleeve-dress-675022

calzone Sun 24-Jan-16 21:57:43

Why not spend the money on getting your hair done instead?

Wear skinnies and boots, the blazer and a plain tshirt and get a long necklace to jazz it up a bit. People really won't mind what you wear but you will feel nicer with your hair 'done'.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now