Talk

Advanced search

Which of these two bags would you buy?

(22 Posts)
swimster01 Sun 24-Jan-16 16:57:46

I need a smart bag for interviews/work. Which gets your vote?1

www.russellandbromley.co.uk/totes/ivy/invt/712523

or

www.peonyandmoore.com/shop/tote/the-lauren-tote-handbag-4/#iLightbox[product-gallery]/3

GreenHamNoeggs Sun 24-Jan-16 16:59:52

I prefer the shape of the R&B one but hate the gold branding on both.

Pinkvici22 Sun 24-Jan-16 17:00:41

They're very similar and I like them both - I'd probably vote R&B

SinglePringle Sun 24-Jan-16 17:04:39

P&B I think. They are very similar but the P&B is just that little but less stuffy.

Exactly what I'm looking for, thanks!

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 24-Jan-16 17:15:01

The P&B one seems more practical with the addition of the shoulder strap but I'd lose the tassell

Is the gold lettering on both sides (it is very discrete and if I paid that for a handbag, I'd want something on it . But I'm common) wink

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 24-Jan-16 17:17:54

Ooh don't like the red lining in the R&B one, the subtle stripe in the P&M is better

SwedishEdith Sun 24-Jan-16 17:24:35

Hate the writing on both but the shoulder strap is useful on the 2nd one. You could wear it so the writing faces inwards.

Doobigetta Sun 24-Jan-16 17:31:50

I'm confused by other posters saying P&B- there's an R&B or a P&M, no P&B!

I'd go for the P&M. I think the R&B is a bit dull, and I'd choose soft over textured leather. Plus the shoulder strap is useful.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 24-Jan-16 17:40:39

blush I misread P&B from a post above me - <<Disclaimer>> I'm not a proper "Bag Lady" wink

SuckingEggs Sun 24-Jan-16 18:50:08

Peony for sure.

MartinRohdesBellybuttonFluff Sun 24-Jan-16 19:03:11

A vote for the Peony from me too. I don't like popper closures on bag, for security I prefer a zipper which the second one has.

polyhymnia Sun 24-Jan-16 19:05:34

I'm a major R and B fan and would choose their bags over P and M every time. Have had lots and all have worn very well.

I actually prefer the R and B Lancaster ( sorry, on phone so can't link) over their Ivy, though would remove the gold tag on it.

burnishedsilver Sun 24-Jan-16 19:11:06

I prefer the red lining to the striped.

polyhymnia Sun 24-Jan-16 19:14:45

R and B Lancaster has zip closure and a long strap - both advantages IMO. Have seen it in RL and leather nice and soft. Possibly softer than the Lauren, though hard to tell online.
(I have long lusted after the R and B Langley, which is a smaller version of the Lancaster).

polyhymnia Sun 24-Jan-16 19:23:36

On lining, though generally I like subtlety I find the light P and M ones a bit wishy washy and dull and liable to show dirt ( I have actually owned and used a and M bag). Not really a fan of the red either, but I'd avoid that by going, as said, for the Lancaster from R and B.

HermioneWeasley Sun 24-Jan-16 20:12:54

P&M definitely (though I'd also lose the tassel). The R&B one is a bit 80s

FashionLover1 Tue 26-Jan-16 15:17:35

Would vote for second one

CrystalMcPistol Tue 26-Jan-16 15:20:29

Peony and Moore. Deffo.

moggiesmum Fri 29-Jan-16 12:21:29

I think the R B one looks too mumsy and I don't like the texture on the leather for some reason - not sure why . . . . I would go P and M - I have bought from them before and the bags are still looking great and the leather is soft and smells divine grin

SpeakerOfTheHouse Fri 29-Jan-16 12:31:02

Def P&M. The R&B one looks like its made with synthetic leather, which its not... P&M one looks far nicer and cheaper, plus I love a tassel!

moggiesmum Fri 29-Jan-16 19:02:21

Polyhymnia the light lining in a bag is so you can see to the bottom of your bag and the dark blue / white stripes stop it from looking grubby after a while - so many bags have dark linings and you can't find anything - - - so I was told by the lady when I rang P & M last year to enquire about a bag.
smile

keeponkeepinon Fri 29-Jan-16 22:09:55

I like the peony one. They look similar but I much prefer the leather on it. It looks buttery.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now