Talk

Advanced search

Nail varnish in the office

(7 Posts)
Bbqsareoverrated Fri 22-Jan-16 21:26:46

This is triggered by another thread.

I love nail varnish and have loads of colours. What colours are appropriate / not appropriate for a quite formal work environment? I'm assuming greiges, pale pinks and dark reds are but what about dark blues, dark greens, brown, coral, black, khaki, bold blue or dark purple?

TrinityForce Fri 22-Jan-16 21:28:15

I think anything dark/neutral goes. I avoid bright pinks or bright yellow etc. myself.

Interested to see what other people think

MotherofFlagons Fri 22-Jan-16 21:29:38

Unless you work in an extremely conservative office, I'd say anything goes with nails. I've worn red, purple, blue, silver and green and I'm in a large corporate.

ceeveebee Fri 22-Jan-16 21:35:18

I work in a large company (not very corporate though as its a tech company) and every Wednesday we have a nail technician come in for the day, she charges £15 for shellac nails and does sparkles, nail art, every colour of the rainbow. I've currently got a fairly conservative dark teal which I love!

Judydreamsofhorses Fri 22-Jan-16 21:39:00

I wear whatever I fancy (lecturer in a creative subject). I generally wear dark colours in winter, green, navy, wine etc, and sometimes grey, then in summer more corals, reds, hot pinks and oranges.

janethegirl2 Fri 22-Jan-16 21:42:41

Not allowed to have painted nails where I work.

EdithWeston Fri 22-Jan-16 21:44:51

I used to work in quite a formal office.

The safe choice was a pale or mid/rosy pink. I think you would be fine with any pinks (except bubblegum or neon) nude, or immaculate blue-toned red.

If you are young, or your office is less formal, then you could add purples, grey and greige (which my keyboard just wanted to change to Gregg's grin )

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now