treninoin 0.05 v effective but triggers my rosacea, advice please

(7 Posts)
wordassociationfootball Fri 22-Jan-16 17:11:32

Anyone worked round this?

I'd like to fight off the sun spots and resurface and antiwrinkle and all that good stuff but without the redness.

Would 0.025 do it. Or Retinol?

gonegrey56 Fri 22-Jan-16 20:02:54

Did you have rosacea before you started using treninoin 0.05?
I think that is the key to sorting out this issue.
I have had rosacea for years and nothing worked for me until last summer when I finally insisted my GP referred me to a dermatologist .
He did the following :
Zapped my age spots with a freeze spray (they darkened then literally dropped off, revealing lovely clear skin)
Prescribed Lymecycline for 2 months
Prescribed the cream Finacea (Azaelic acid) 15%, to be used twice daily
Told me to treat my skin very gently, no harsh scrubs or toners
Use Cetaphil and lukewarm water twice daily
A daily sunscreen
Have Botox ( only if I wish) to treat wrinkles

I now have virtually perfect skin . Wish I had done this before !

wordassociationfootball Fri 22-Jan-16 20:13:21

I'm glad you're enjoying fab skin gonegrey.
Yes, I've had it for years.
I use metrogel/rozex x 2 and it works fine. I ran out for a lot of the time I was trying the retin A but I've stopped the retin A and got a new script for the rosex
I don't use scrubs and do use cetaphil and spf50

As I'm horribly impatient once I get an idea in my head, I've just ordered samples (paid ones) of a retinol and another serum from the Paula's choice website. So expecting the usual miracles smile

BlairWaldorfLovesShopping Fri 22-Jan-16 20:14:21

I'd ask the person who prescribed you the tretinoin. They'll probably have seen this before.

wordassociationfootball Fri 22-Jan-16 20:16:01

Good point Blair.

W3ndysims Fri 22-Jan-16 20:31:35

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Stropperella Sat 23-Jan-16 22:03:48

I would avoid all Retinol stuff like the plague, personally, as it made my thread veins a lot worse. Finacea is good stuff and works well to reduce redness. I slap on a bit of metrogel when the spots erupt from time to time and have my thread veins zapped with electrolysis periodically. I don't use any harsh cleaners and wear sunscreen on my face all year round.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now