Huile Prodigieuse

(19 Posts)
BeverlyGoldberg Fri 22-Jan-16 10:50:44

A couple of weeks ago huile prodigieuse was recommended to me by MNetters and I LOVE it. Completely amazing product.

My question is, how do you pronounce it? I want to recommend it to my friends but don't want to appear silly if I say it wrong.

VocationalGoat Fri 22-Jan-16 10:55:52

'oo-eel prod-i-joouz'

Is how I say it in my mashed up French accent. grin

Google translate might be better.

It's a lovely oil. I love the smell. I first discovered it when I lived in France in my early 20s... when I least needed it! 20 years, I still use it. Though I prefer Aveda's oil (that's just me... it's a smell thing).

VocationalGoat Fri 22-Jan-16 10:56:18

* 20 years later, I still use it.

BeverlyGoldberg Fri 22-Jan-16 10:58:19

I love the smell too. I passed our baby back to DH and he said "you smell like Mummy". No, she smells like a classy French lady, which Mummy is not it I'll take it!

Ridingthegravytrain Fri 22-Jan-16 11:09:57

Wheel (said in French accent blowing out on the wh part) pro-di-jeeeerz (guttural r on the pro)

BeverlyGoldberg Fri 22-Jan-16 11:19:04

I'm going to sound a right knob saying that (are we still allowed to say 'knob' or is it offensive to those brandishing a penis?)

I think I might just say "I'll write it down for you"!

GwendolynMoon Fri 22-Jan-16 16:01:48

I love this too! Took a bottle on holiday to South Africa and now it reminds me of happy, sunny times.

No idea how to pronounce it, sorry smile

AuldAlliance Fri 22-Jan-16 16:07:21

huile: en.wiktionary.org/wiki/huile#Pronunciation
prodigieux: en.wiktionary.org/wiki/prodigieux#Pronunciation
for prodigieuse, pronounce as in prodigieux, but with a soft z sound at the end.

They make a perfume version now.

GrimDamnFanjo Fri 22-Jan-16 17:12:59

Love the stuff and use it all the time. I have the perfume too.

VocationalGoat Fri 22-Jan-16 18:51:21

Ha ha Beverly... I love the idea of your baby smelling like a classy French woman. grin
Grim, what's the perfume smell like?

The oil always reminds me of Nice in the summer... Nivea aftersun and Huile Prodigieuse both make me think of Italy and the South of France and all of those endless summers I spent in those countries when I lived in them.
Ahhh the salad days.

wordassociationfootball Fri 22-Jan-16 18:52:42

What does it do (La La),?

velourvoyageur Sat 23-Jan-16 09:27:44

wheel - pro - di - ji - uz

French defies all pinning down of sounds!

Smellyrose Sat 23-Jan-16 09:33:15

What is it, and do I need it?

Though I am reluctant to buy something I can't pronounce!

FrustratedFrugal Sat 23-Jan-16 10:05:26

It's a dry oil with a lovely beachy white floral scent. I use it on my legs when the weather is warm.

TheMightyMing Sat 23-Jan-16 12:40:06

Is it really good? Does it have sparkly bits in? X

BeverlyGoldberg Sat 23-Jan-16 13:17:24

It's brilliant. It makes your skin feel lovely and you can also use it (very sparingly) on your hair. It smells very fresh and summery.

No sparkly bits but that is by no means a bad thing.

TheCraicDealer Sat 23-Jan-16 13:33:38

I love this stuff. I don't want to spring £40 on another perfume but when I'm in M&S to have a good aul inhale grin I'm on the diprobase for my skin at the mo, can't wait to start using the oil again when the weather improves.

Fuck it, I'm going to put some on now.

cardoon Sat 23-Jan-16 13:37:09

There is sparkly HP too

TheMightyMing Sun 24-Jan-16 16:54:00

I saw it! Which is best ? Plain or sparkly ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now