Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Ash virgin buckle trainers size dilemma

(7 Posts)
looki Thu 21-Jan-16 23:44:19

i wonder if anybody can advise. I take a shoe size 5.5 usually. If I can't get the shoes I want in a 5.5, I always size up and buy a 6. Size 5 is definitely too small for me. Today, my longed for Ash virgins trainers arrived and they are so big. My feet are not eh same size - one trainer is big but would be ok, the other trainer is so big for me. I am in a dilemma as to whether I should return the size 6 and re-order in a size 5. I take a size 6 in Converse if that helps but they don't seem as big as the Ash ones. Has anybody else been in a similar dilemma and what did you do?

Joneseygirl77 Fri 22-Jan-16 07:07:03

I'm a size 6 but mine feel big on me. So I tend to wear 2 pairs of socks with them. Thin cotton pair and thick wool pair on top and it seems to do the trick! Otherwise how about insoles in them?

louloubelle2 Fri 22-Jan-16 07:45:20

Ash Virgins are big to size, not in width, just long. If you already have the 6's and they are too big, then you have two options; to order the 5's which may be too small, or don't bother. No-one on here can tell you for sure the 5's would definitely be too small you'll have to try them.

polyhymnia Fri 22-Jan-16 11:08:17

I tend to buy continent ally sized shoes. Normal size is 41 and my Ash Virgins are plenty big enough for me. I'd say sizing on generous side.

polyhymnia Fri 22-Jan-16 11:08:52

Sorry, my Ash Virgins are plenty big enough in 41.

Lambzig Sat 23-Jan-16 20:44:52

I am normally a size 5 and had to size down to a 4 for mine. Very big.

looki Sat 23-Jan-16 22:46:36

Thanks, I know that I won't know until I try them but I wanted to see if it was the 'norm' for others to have to size down. I think I will order the size 5 and compare. Because they are expensive for me, I didn't want to order both pairs at the same time but it seems I will have to anyway.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: