Talk

Advanced search

What to wear with this dress?

(8 Posts)
overwhelmedbyitall Thu 21-Jan-16 22:27:55

I have this dress and love it but have never felt properly dressed in it as I have no idea how to accessorise, what shoes etc are best.
These are issues I have in general but especially with patterns like this!

Please help me!

I plan to wear it to a spring wedding but also for less dressy days during the summer too.

I have worn it with a red shrug and wedge flip flops - I think the shrug looked ok but not the shoes... Absolutely loved wearing it at Christmas at home because I didn't need to wear shoes at all!

(I generally have a Next/H&M/Debenhams kind of budget, sometimes stretching to Monsoon, Phase Eight kind of levels, if that helps!)

Nettletheelf Thu 21-Jan-16 23:04:43

Wear really glamorous shoes with it. Otherwise it might look a bit mumsy.

Casmama Thu 21-Jan-16 23:21:30

I definitely think it needs heels- ideally in one of the colours of the dress but then I'm never a fan of nude heels and black/navy would be too dark I think.

elephantoverthehill Thu 21-Jan-16 23:25:02

Either green or red shoes. Go for it and make that statement!

Sweetandsour93 Thu 21-Jan-16 23:29:22

I'd wear it with red shoes or gold high heeled sandals and a matching clutch bag, maybe some pretty stud earrings as well.

superbfairywren Fri 22-Jan-16 08:09:16

Firstly, love the dress. I wear similar shaped dresses and they can be so comfy and flattering yet still feel lovely and feminine.
I would go for tan dainty shoes and a tan oversized clutch bag. Obviously leather if you can afford it but really you can get brilliant synthetic stuff. New look shoes are really affordable. They have lots of tan ankle strap heels which are very dainty but would look great with the dress, they also have a pale blue pair that might work(difficult to see exact colour on screen) and some red ones. I like to pair coloured dresses with tan as it suits most peoples skin(nude/cream can wash lots of us out) and it isn't as harsh as black/navy. Tan shoes also get lots of wear as they look great with jeans! If you prefer chunkier they have platforms, and wedges too

For daytime wear I would pair this dress with a coloured Cardigan(tan, red or the blue or green if you can get a good enough match) and flat sandals( tan plaited ones would look good) or Birkenstocks. Gold flat sandals would also look good.

superbfairywren Fri 22-Jan-16 08:12:03

Jewellery really depends on your style. You could get away with a bold necklace but I think a simple gold pendant would probably be better and earrings kind of depend on how you have your hair. If I was wearing this dress with tan shoes and bag I would wear a simple gold necklace and gold stud earrings and would have my hair down. If you will wear your hair up maybe go for no necklace and bigger drop earrings maybe colourful ones to go with flowers on the dress.

overwhelmedbyitall Fri 22-Jan-16 21:31:59

Thanks very much for your ideas/advice.
I have bought some nude high heels and gold mid height heels to try with it at home. All in the sale so very happy! (Also fancy red shoes but couldn't find any today quite the right shade...)
Once I've decided which to go for, I'll look for a bag and gold jewellery to go with it too - probably something fairly simple but will try a few bits. I usually wear silver but think you're right, gold will look better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now