Talk

Advanced search

A cross between a purse and a handbag...

(26 Posts)
Pupsiecola Thu 21-Jan-16 15:44:45

I'm looking for a large purse/small handbag with at least a couple of pockets, and some slots for cards, and a zip pocket for change. Room for a mobile, a 7" tablet (not essential), keys and a lipstick. Kind of like an evening bag I suppose; nothing too structured or complicated.

I predominantly want it for a long haul flight I'm taking in a month. I want it to be a self-contained bag that I can pop in my carry on, and that I can then use whilst I'm on my holiday. I reckon I'd get a lot of use out of a bag like this, and I have a budget of around £100. Definitely not black. I like Autumnal colours or neutrals.

Anyone seen anything like this?

Thanks.

hugoagogo Thu 21-Jan-16 16:01:16

Something like this?

Pupsiecola Thu 21-Jan-16 16:52:52

I'd not thought of Kipling. It's nice but I was after something a little more unusual/special. Thank you though.

hugoagogo Thu 21-Jan-16 17:55:26

I know, I am not usually a fan, but it's better than the first one I found
here
grin

BeakyMinder Thu 21-Jan-16 17:58:47

I have something exactly like that - carries my phone, keys, cash and cards. So handy as its a tiny handbag that can also go inside a bigger bag. Fiorelli brand from John Lewis - more practical than stylish, but I'm sure you can find something nice.

Cellardoor1 Thu 21-Jan-16 18:15:56

My husband ordered one of these for travelling with. It's not exactly a clutch but it looks good and is very handy for organizing your tablet and travel bits.

EuropeanSpoon Thu 21-Jan-16 18:16:40

Fossil might be worth a look? Kipling are very practical, last forever and you can take the monkey off!

Cellardoor1 Thu 21-Jan-16 18:17:07

Oh sorry, just saw that you want to use it as a bag on your holiday too. That one is more of a travel accessory. blush

Cellardoor1 Thu 21-Jan-16 18:19:09

What about this one from coach ?

Pupsiecola Thu 21-Jan-16 18:40:59

European I really like Fossil and have had several of their purses and a couple of bags, plus a gorgeous watch. They do have something similar to what I want, but they're just a bit small. Cellar I do like those, but as you say I want it for evening use too. Just looking at the Coach website... thanks everyone.

Pupsiecola Thu 21-Jan-16 18:43:05

The Coach link takes me to their bags page, rather than a specific bag. Which one were you thinking of?

RoosterCogburn Thu 21-Jan-16 18:46:32

A Tula travel wallet - I have two, I've just looked for one online and the latest design is nicer then mine (they are about 15 years old)
here

Pupsiecola Thu 21-Jan-16 18:51:32

I'm finding the Coach website very frustrating. Often only one photo with no snap of the inside.

Cellardoor1 Thu 21-Jan-16 19:01:40

The coach bag is swingpack with pop up pouch. Here are some pics. It's in black also

Pupsiecola Thu 21-Jan-16 19:05:35

That's the sort of thing cellar. I should have said though, I am allergic to pink...

LizzieMacQueen Thu 21-Jan-16 19:13:36

Em, thanks for linking to that Coach site. I have just ordered a Boden bag in their sale but these are so much nicer. The Boden one will have to be returned.

Cellardoor1 Thu 21-Jan-16 19:15:21

pupsie its only pink or black in that bag but there is one called the north/south swingpack that has different colours. That one doesn't have the separate pouch though.

trixymalixy Thu 21-Jan-16 19:20:53

I have several of these bags from Oasis. I use them for travelling to keep passports etc in and for evening bags.

lucy101101 Thu 21-Jan-16 19:23:12

John Lewis have this:

www.johnlewis.com/collection-weekend-by-john-lewis-mistry-leather-clutch-bag-black/p1539455

Pupsiecola Thu 21-Jan-16 20:33:32

Thanks for all the suggestions. I think I might look for something whilst I am in Singapore. There are three brands I really like (not Singaporean but stocked there, but not stocked/shipped to the UK). One is Sequoia. I have a canvas bag from them which I love. They have the kind of thing I'm after. The other brands are Rabeanco and Tocco Toscano, in case anyone has heard of them...

www.sequoiaparis.com/

TheGreenTriangle Thu 21-Jan-16 21:10:51

Oh I have a lovely Rabeanco shoulder bag, bought in Asia. I was thrilled to hear that they'd opened a couple of shops in the UK, but a quick Google just now tells me those shops have closed sad

Have to browse the Coach site in more detail now...

Pupsiecola Thu 21-Jan-16 21:21:06

I have a gorgeous electric blue bucket bag from Rabeanco green. I wish I had bought an orange and a green one too!

TheGreenTriangle Thu 21-Jan-16 21:24:36

Ah yes, I also suffered from almost-instant regret for not buying more Rabeanco bags in multiple colours! So greedy of me grin Won't be quite so sensible next time!

LizzieMacQueen Thu 21-Jan-16 23:28:27

I have a couple of bags from Sequoia. They are lovely and quite different. Might have a look at those too.

DianaT1969 Fri 22-Jan-16 20:13:41

I have large square clutches from Warehouse and Banana Republic. They have a wrist strap and are perfect for travelling, but no compartments or pockets. Maybe try COS too?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now