Talk

Advanced search

Most stylish Royal?

(16 Posts)
Cerseirys Thu 21-Jan-16 14:09:10

Following the thread about Charlene of Monaco, I was wondering who you all think the most stylish royal woman around is? For me the top three (in no particular order) would be:

1. Mary of Denmark – freakin’ glam and never matronly.
2. Rania of Jordan – always looks stylish and tasteful without being boring.
3. Maxima of the Netherlands – probably the most fashion-forward royal. Takes risks which don’t always pay off but when they do, she looks fabulous and is never dull.

(Sorry Kate…)

tartiflette Thu 21-Jan-16 15:03:18

Letizia of Spain hands down for me.

Cerseirys Thu 21-Jan-16 15:08:15

Oh yes, how could I forget Letitzia! Make that my top 4 then. The woman knows how to wear a trouser suit and isn't above flashing some leg in a mini dress and killer heels either! I love her bob haircut too.

lurkingabit Thu 21-Jan-16 15:22:19

Letizia. Love her

MrsLeighHalfpenny Thu 21-Jan-16 15:25:27

I've always thought Princess Alexandra was very stylish.

Are we only talking about female royals?

niminypiminy Thu 21-Jan-16 16:15:44

In days of yore, surely Princess Marina

Now I have quite a thing for Princess Anne. There's a woman who really knows what her own style is, and who doesn't feel the need to be anything except herself.

Cerseirys Thu 21-Jan-16 16:36:01

And she still wears outfits she first wore back in the 70s and 80s. How many sixtysomething women can still fit into dresses they wore 30 years ago??

niminypiminy Thu 21-Jan-16 16:39:54

Indeed yes. In the photo I linked to she's totally rocking a polo neck and tweed jacket, which can be a hard look to carry off. She does perfectly. And I love her hair. It takes such confidence to know what you like, what is you, and stay with it.

Scoopmuckdizzy Thu 21-Jan-16 16:41:02

I like Princess Anne's style.

LaurieFairyCake Thu 21-Jan-16 16:47:20

I'm going to say the Queen. I appreciate that she's much older.

She dresses beautifully. I love that she deliberately wears very bright colours so people can see her. Her dresser always ensures that every item is perfect. No hems hanging down, no marks, no spare threads. Everything matching.

I think her dresser does a really good job.

I also like that wears things again and again and supports British industry.

niminypiminy Thu 21-Jan-16 16:49:20

You are right Laurie the Queen is another woman who really has her own style - she doesn't look like anyone else, she always looks like her in her signature style.

Cerseirys Thu 21-Jan-16 16:55:57

I saw the exhibition of the Queen’s, Princess Margaret’s and Diana’s dresses in Kensington Palace. The strange thing was that HM’s and Princess M’s dresses from the fifties and sixties hadn’t really aged but Diana’s 80s numbers looked really retro. Her dresses were also massive compared to theirs but she was a tall woman and they were both very petite and, in their youth, had tiny waists.

ThroughThinkandThing Sun 24-Jan-16 17:42:36

Lots of pretty pictures here...

Love this one for gawping at clothing/jewellery. Not particularly interested politically, but I like looking at the clothes shallow

MsBojangles Sun 24-Jan-16 17:49:41

Queen Rania.

BabsIsHot Sun 24-Jan-16 18:24:17

I think the Queen is superb for a 90 year old.

She's let down by her black with everything shoes and bag, but her clothes are fab quality and she's managed a 'younger' look over the last 5 years or so I think.

WipsGlitter Sun 24-Jan-16 18:29:38

I agre the Queen can look fab. Also Letizia and Rania is very beautiful.

Kate looks good but very, very "safe".

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now