Best tights for an Orange shape

(7 Posts)
ladydolly Thu 21-Jan-16 10:54:02

Help me!

I have skinnish legs but I'm an orange shape (so a fat belly) and I HATE tight things round my belly. So basically I'm the opposite of tights shaped.

I wore ASOS maternity tights when I was pregnant and they were a joy but they are too big now I'm not pregnant ahem 1 year post natal.

I'm a size 14 and 5'6 - any recommendations?

spankhurst Thu 21-Jan-16 15:49:28

I bought a pair of Pretty Polly 'one size' tights recently in my local Co-Op - they had plenty of room and were decent quality.

Dreamqueen Thu 21-Jan-16 17:56:06

Shamelessly following.
I'm a straight up & down shape & no matter what size/make of tights I buy, they roll down to around my hips all the time & drive me bonkers.

Jakadaal Sat 23-Jan-16 09:50:17

I am an apple shaped size 16 and have thrown so many tights away after one wear as they are uncomfortable and roll down. Best I have found are from Next and have an extra wide soft waistband so no digging in or rolling - think they are called the ultimate comfort tight?

CadburysTastesVileNow Sat 23-Jan-16 10:31:31

I got all excited when I read that, Jak - tights waistbands are never comfortable on me. But they get terrible reviews on the Next site - fall down apparently.

What to do ....?

MrsSchadenfreude Sat 23-Jan-16 11:14:37

I swear by Boots tights. I used to wear M & S all the time, but find that they just fall down now. I've got some from a couple of years ago, which are fine, but the new ones, which are allegedly the same, slide down.

Jakadaal Sat 23-Jan-16 19:11:50

Mine were fine so I must have got a good batch! To be honest I didn't read the reviews -it was more of a grab and buy! I read on here all the time about how good Primark ones are and first wear they were until I had to go to the loo and then it was drop crotch city all day confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now