Talk

Advanced search

I've lost all sense of style since becoming a mum

(7 Posts)
Elfishpresley Thu 21-Jan-16 08:45:47

I would like to feel a bit more like myself pre baby but don't know where to begin clothes wise, I'm on a budget as I'm a SAHM and pregnant again.

DH has booked me in to have my hair done as I've not had it done since August shock I was previously in the salon every four weeks to have my roots done on my lovely blonde hair but dyed my hair dark as I can't afford the upkeep of blonde hair.

I've also treated myself to all my favourite skin care and make up with vouchers that I got for Christmas.

It's clothes that I seem to struggle with, I just can't put an outfit together anymore! Can anyone offer me any advice ala Gok Wan style?

R00tat00tt00t Thu 21-Jan-16 08:50:26

Can I join you? I'm feeling the same after baby no.2.

Elfishpresley Thu 21-Jan-16 09:09:02

Feel free to join smile

I never had myself down as looking mumsy but that is definitely what I am now! I was quite edgy and stood out from the crowd before, now I'm mostly covered in baby sick or food... Oh how times change!

MaidrinRua Thu 21-Jan-16 09:27:51

In the same boat...it's the 2 stone weight gain that hinders me!

superbfairywren Thu 21-Jan-16 09:54:12

I still feel like this some days but most of the time now I don't really feel mumsy. I had this last year when all I was doing was feeding the baby and sleeping because I was knackered, it seemed silly to wear nice clothes. As soon as DD got older and I was still sat around the house/out walking the dog in my scruffs I knew I had to change that. Now I wear tights and dresses half the time and jeans and a t shirt(fitted) or jumper the other half of the time. I have been through my wardrobe and got rid of everything that I don't like wearing and try to only wear what I fancy on any given day. So today I am wearing black tights and a black 3/4length sleeve short swing dress with a white floral pattern on it, have done my hair(when I say done I have clipped some of it back and it is clean and brushed). Feel a bit more put together than just shoving on any old thing.
I say go through your clothes, get rid of stuff you definitely won't wear, then look at what you have got and what gaps you need to fill to make the outfits you would like to wear and treat yourself to a few things. If you don't want to spend on maternity stuff look at secondhand on eBay as most people barely wear stuff and sell it on. Or look at asos and new look, their maternity ranges are good and affordable. Have a look at Pinterest for outfit ideas too, can help you work out ways to wear things you already have!

Elfishpresley Thu 21-Jan-16 09:56:55

Thanks Super, I'll try Pintrest.

I have a wardrobe full of designer clothes that I have worn once and then decided I don't like so going to sell that on eBay and go shopping with whatever I make.

Definitely want to get some day dresses to wear with tights as I seem to live in leggings with holes in at the moment... Attractive!

superbfairywren Thu 21-Jan-16 17:16:39

I got a few swing style dresses from asos when first pregnant, still fitted in them when I was fit to burst and am wearing them still now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now