Talk

Advanced search

Crap fashion...... Stuff you will be swerving this year

(79 Posts)
CreviceImp Thu 21-Jan-16 00:03:50

For me it's those fecking awful leather culottes.

Just shudder-inducingly awful.

CreviceImp Thu 21-Jan-16 00:12:53

Also shit- sleeveless roll neck tabard jumpers.

Hopefully Thu 21-Jan-16 07:07:28

Long shapeless tunics over long shapeless floaty trousers. Urghhhhh

ZaZathecat Thu 21-Jan-16 08:38:49

Definitely the cropped bell bottoms as seen on This Morning last week. I don't know how the presenters kept a straight face!

Swampmonster39 Thu 21-Jan-16 09:29:03

Those awful blanket wraps.

There were some twenty somethings sat outside Costa on a cold day with those blanket wraps on. Beautiful girls but those things made them look like old grannies.

CreviceImp Thu 21-Jan-16 10:58:47

Gah yessss those cropped flare feckers usually accompanied by a high ankle black mum boot. Wtaf?

Agree to -those mahoosive blanket things are a travesty against style too.

Tis a sad year for style....

AchyMcAcherson Thu 21-Jan-16 11:13:03

I have a roll neck tabard thing. I wear it over a long sleeve t shirt and skinny jeans. Am I making myself look hideous?!
I'm a very weird shape because I'm 4 sizes bigger on top than on the bottom, I have lost about 8 stone and I'm still shrinking and I just don't know what to wear anymore! I thought my grey tabard was quite nice sad

nilbyname Thu 21-Jan-16 11:17:17

I think a lot of what's floating on unto our high street is that very wide, androgynous stiff and slightly tailored stuff which unless your Amazonian I think is hard to pull off!

I don't mind big culottes- I want a light chambray pair for summer I can rock with peasant tops and my old swedish hasbeens

nilbyname Thu 21-Jan-16 11:19:42

achy bloody hell 8 stones! That's some me achievement! Good on you and wear what you like!

I am wearing nineties cut black denim dungarees, a little crew neck jumper underneath and Nike air max. I probably look like a mid life crisis but I love it!

CreviceImp Thu 21-Jan-16 11:24:06

I'm sure it looks fine layered as you say Achy. The way it is styled though via bloggers/magazines/lookbooks etc is the issue. They never layer them up but have they chunky tabard things with thick roll necks and the arms are bare. It looks ridiculous.

Nilby - leather culottes are a whole new level of grim on the culottes front.

CreviceImp Thu 21-Jan-16 11:29:54

Just no, no no.

Bunbaker Thu 21-Jan-16 11:30:24

"awful leather culottes"

Not seen any. But I don't live in the fashion capital. They sound hideous anyway.

CreviceImp Thu 21-Jan-16 11:32:56

No sane woman would Bunbaker.....

As usual the bloggers have adopted them with indecent haste and relish.

ItGoesWithoutSaying Thu 21-Jan-16 11:47:13

I saw a jumpsuit in the shops the other day. Now, I like a jumpsuit; I like a jumpsuit with fitted, full length, tapered legs. This had cropped, wide culotte like legs.

Just No.

nilbyname Thu 21-Jan-16 12:41:13

Jesus- was that a shit brown turtle neck paired with black leather culottes?? Wtf!

CointreauVersial Thu 21-Jan-16 13:33:49

Agree - those leather culottes. Make you look ENORMOUS.

Cropped flares if they're very flared - they make you look as if you borrowed a child's trousers. The slimmer ones are just about OK.

Those long, flowery 70's style maxi dresses are still everywhere - all very well if you're Alexa Chung, but if not, you look like a mobile pair of granny's curtains.

lurkingabit Thu 21-Jan-16 16:16:55

I quite like cropped flares but like this, not the really wide legged ones.

No to leather culottes, just no. And those blanket wrap things. what a mess. Really dislike them.
I saw
these boots recently. Mumboots, non?

But, see, there's lots of things I've ugh-ed before. And then something happens, and I get to like this horrible thing and I end up eating my words. Who knows, I might buy leather culottes yet...

MorrisZapp Thu 21-Jan-16 16:19:27

What blanket wraps?

MNetter15 Thu 21-Jan-16 16:23:33

Blankets, capes, etc...... I really don't see the appeal at all.

TooExtraImmatureCheddar Thu 21-Jan-16 16:45:12

Those cropped flares were supposed to be fashionable last year and the year before as well. Think they are definitely a case where the clothes-buying public just went NO to something designers were trying to foist upon us.

dinkystinky Thu 21-Jan-16 17:11:44

Knitted trousers.

No. Just no.

Nofoolnomore Thu 21-Jan-16 17:15:45

What do you think about pinafores? At age 44, I can't help thinking I'd look a bit daft

Nofoolnomore Thu 21-Jan-16 17:17:11

What do you think about pinafores? At age 44, I can't help thinking I'd look a bit daft

Lurking - I really like those boots, 'mum' or not.

No, no, no to leather culottes. I'm sorry but the idea of a leather crotch holds no appeal to me At All At All.

I like the blanket scarves - dd has one and she looks lovely in it.

CointreauVersial Thu 21-Jan-16 17:34:45

I have to say, I'm quite partial to a cape/wrap/whatever. As long as they aren't tartan or too fringy, in which case they stray into picnic-blanket territory.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now