Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

hair dye colour help

(6 Posts)
Jmangel Tue 19-Jan-16 20:27:28

So I dye my hair with 9.04 (copper) with 20 volume - I have a base colour level 6 so overall lightness is probably an 8. I'm happy with how light it is but it's gone really yellow gold instead of copper. So I was thinking of putting a violet 9.2 over it to tone it down. I was reading that violet counteracts yellow. Does this sound ok - my hair wouldn't come out purple would it? I know in the past when I've put ash colours on, my hair has had a horrible green tinge. Would hate to have a purple tinge! any advice appreciated Tia.

Jmangel Wed 20-Jan-16 10:40:26

Anyone ? Maybe MoBro? any hairdressers could help me? Tia

anothercrackatit Wed 20-Jan-16 11:28:46

Hi! I'm certainly not a hairdresser and my only qualification here is hindsight (!) but just in case you're as impatient as I am and you don't hear from anyone else... The theory sounds good, do you have enough hair to spare some for a strip test?

MrsDeVere Wed 20-Jan-16 11:33:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Jmangel Wed 20-Jan-16 21:42:45

How would I use a toner? I've been using violet shampoo and conditioner which has helped a little. Which toner would be good and do I put it on neat or mix it with developer? would I need to keep repeating every few washes? tia

Jmangel Wed 20-Jan-16 21:44:39

Ooh and thanks anothercrackatit - yes good idea to do a test swatch - yes could definitely spare a few strands as look like Crystal tips!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now