Hair dye remover/stripper

(6 Posts)
Missmagpie1 Tue 19-Jan-16 16:33:56

I have my hair home coloured, not too much different to my own colour (dark brown) but its got red undertones and now roots that look awful. Can anyone recommend a good dye remover/stripper to take me back to my natural colour? Thanks!

Missmagpie1 Tue 19-Jan-16 20:32:18

Anyone?

Youvegottobekidding Fri 22-Jan-16 18:12:28

If you haven't rectified this already, Google Vitamin C & shampoo hair dye remover mix.

MoBro Fri 22-Jan-16 19:52:58

Bare in mind you won't be 'taken back to your natural'. You will strip the artificial colour but be left with a much warmer version of your natural colour. So I'm not sure that will fix your original issue. I would recommend using a colour one shade lighter than your usual with an ash tone. The ash tone visually makes the hair look darker-it adds depth which is why I recommended one shade lighter but it will subdue or eradicate the warmth allowing you to grow out the colour or just maintain it.

Gwenhwyfar Fri 22-Jan-16 20:08:28

Clarifying shampoo I suppose.

ICanSeeForMiles Fri 22-Jan-16 20:15:39

Buy colour b4 extra strength and a light brown semi permanent for just now.
Use the colour b4 to the letter and then the colour that's applied afterwards will take much darker than the box suggests.
I've used the colour b4 three times in a week before and it's never damaged my hair, just stinks a bit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now