Talk

Advanced search

Stylish alternative to fitflops

(12 Posts)
Serenite Tue 19-Jan-16 00:41:41

Am heading on holiday in the next month and need some style tips (after loosing a lot of weight - I am struggling to know what to wear/hiw to dress after years of covering up) I'll post a separate thread about that but I really wanted to know what people wear instead of fitflops!!

I used to wear them all holiday as we walk a lot and they are comfortable.

Is there some other type of comfortable walking (just dandering around for hours, not serious walking) shoe that would look more up to date?

I can't wear flat flat sandals after injuring my calf so need a slight wedge or bit of a heel buildup, which, I suppose is why I always go back to fitflops!! All suggestions really appreciated

SnuffleGruntSnorter Tue 19-Jan-16 00:56:19

I love flip flops! Had no idea they weren't stylish!

MyFriendsCallMeOh Tue 19-Jan-16 01:03:09

All m expat grinds in Singapore live in fitflops or havaianas (which aren't great for walking). Idle stick with the fitflops of they are comfy and fit for purpose, they're not that bad!

MyFriendsCallMeOh Tue 19-Jan-16 01:03:53

Sorry, friends not grinds, apologies for bad typing,on phone.

Serenite Tue 19-Jan-16 06:49:44

I like them too but mainly because of the foot support and comfort factor but I know in photos they don't look the most attractive. I've always read on here posts saying they were not the most stylish. So many of the other summer sandals are completely flat and I can't wear those. I suppose I'd just like a few other ideas for something a bit more up to date.

CeeceeBloomingdale Tue 19-Jan-16 07:17:15

I wear birkies which are comfy and have been reasonably on trend the last couple of years

burnishedsilver Tue 19-Jan-16 09:45:55

Have a look on the fit flops website. Some of them don't look like fit flops.

cressetmama Tue 19-Jan-16 09:58:49

I received a catalogue from Wall London yesterday, and for the first time ever, they had two pairs of summer shoes that I really liked, but £££.

www.wall-london.co.uk

Petal02 Tue 19-Jan-16 10:40:27

OP - can you send us a link, picture or description of the fitflops you're referring to? Fitflops do many styles so I want to be sure I'm commenting on the right thing!

Serenite Tue 19-Jan-16 11:37:41

The ones I wear most look like the 'lulu toe thongs' from the web site in a nude suede. Have to say I've never looked on the website before as I always have bought them on sale - I think I got these ones a few years ago from boots when they were massively reduced. Maybe I should invest in a full price (agh) pair since I do get years of wear out of them, or should I?

FashionLover1 Tue 19-Jan-16 12:51:50

Check this Flip Flop alternatives, you can choose the base and upper.

Serenite Tue 19-Jan-16 13:43:34

I love those slinks sandals, fantastic idea but I can't wear totally flat 😬 Thanks for all the suggestions so far

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now