Talk

Advanced search

Fine/thin hair - to cut or not to cut??

(5 Posts)
TheReferoo Mon 18-Jan-16 22:04:22

I had DC3 4 months ago and am now going through the inevitable hair loss that comes post partum. My hair is pretty fine anyway and currently long and looking a bit lifeless. I am tempted to go for a longish just below chin length bob to regain a bit of style and hopefully thicken it up a bit. Will this have the desired effect or do you think it will just look even more fine? I need a new look!!

Buttercup443 Mon 18-Jan-16 23:15:41

I had mine cut by the same hairdresser who does Claire's hair in the new House of Cards. Love the short cut, I look instantly presentable, 5 mins out of shower and all sleek and no more wispy thin hair. Google it. Looks fab in RL!

goshhhhhh Tue 19-Jan-16 07:08:43

I would ask your hairdresser for advice but probably cut it

Silverpinkswirls Wed 20-Jan-16 11:34:40

Start off with a long shoulder length Bob, fine hair can be quite unforgiving short.

MNetter15 Wed 20-Jan-16 11:41:44

I cut mine to my chin after my DS as I just couldn't cope with the long hairs that were falling out everywhere. I had pretty severe loss so found it very upsetting and the hair was really everywhere, all the time.
I liked the result but actually, and maybe it was psychological because I no longer had the weight of long hair, but it did feel much thinner and finer. It was so much easier to wash, dry and manage with a baby though.

It's grown down to shoulder length now and I've new (curly hmm ) tuffs at the temples and all around the hairline.

I would go for it smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now