Talk

Advanced search

Is Forever Living detox worth the money?

(9 Posts)
MissMiss1 Sun 17-Jan-16 21:49:01

Has anyone tried the Forever Living Clean9 detox?
Would you recommend it?
Did it work?

Is there anything similar to try?

Thanks smile

IAmAPaleontologist Sun 17-Jan-16 21:55:23

No. It won't be worth it. Your liver does an excellent job of removing toxins from your body and is free.

fastdaytears Sun 17-Jan-16 21:56:55

Never heard of anyone who thinks this works, and I'd be concerned that once you were hungry and vulnerable you'd get suckered into joining their cult and ripping off your family and friends. Check out the Forever Living threads...

Siwi Sun 17-Jan-16 21:58:01

Forever living threads are in 'money matters'.

IAmAPaleontologist Sun 17-Jan-16 21:59:44

Should also point out that any diet which restricts you to some aloe vera shite and 600 calories a day will make you lose weight. You could eat 600 calories worth of chocolate or dougnuts and you'd still lose weight. But you'll stick it all back on as soon as you go back to normal eating. Which is exactly what they want you to do so that you keep buying their crap in an effort to keep the weight off.

MrsBungle Sun 17-Jan-16 21:59:50

Well the people I know who've done it have mostly lost a bit of weight but they would have anyway as you basically don't eat for a lot of it! It's an expensive rip off.

AnneSansTete Sun 17-Jan-16 21:59:53

Not worth it at all. The aloe drink is completely vile. There is very little I won't put in my mouth but that drink had me retching after the first sip. It tasted like it had been strained through a filthy gusset.

cuntycowfacemonkey Sun 17-Jan-16 22:00:05

Nope not even remotely worth it. The only people I know who flog it are as overweight now as they were when they joined up to this scam.

I'm no skinny minnie either before I get flamed I've just yet to meet a slim and healthy forever living rep

superbfairywren Mon 18-Jan-16 07:49:46

I've done it, about 8 years ago though. I lost quite a lot of weight but I wouldn't do anything like that again. At the time I didn't pay for the products so it was worth a go and the aloe gel you drink actually really helped digestion problems I was experiencing. I continued to buy and drink it daily for a few years afterwards. Wouldn't buy any of the rest of it though. The plan is like any detox type thing, you have to drink a buttload of water, and take supplements, then introduce milkshakes and small meals back in. There are probably much healthier ways to do it. Just set yourself a water goal and eat healthily.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now