L-ascorbic acid

(10 Posts)
hollyisalovelyname Sun 17-Jan-16 20:59:34

I just read an article in Sunday Times Style magazine recommending this for my sort of skin.
The one recommended is SkinCeuticals C E Ferulic.
Sadly at £129 it's waaayy out of my budget.
Can anybody recommend a substitute please ?

hollyisalovelyname Sun 17-Jan-16 23:20:25

Bump

mintbiscuit Mon 18-Jan-16 00:19:18

You can get the skinceuticals ce cheaper than that. I think amazon prime have it for around £88. That said, it is expensive stuff regardless, but it is meant to be the king of all vit c serums (I don't have budget for it either). I use a korean vit c serum. OST c20. It's available on amazon and ebay. It is formulated at the right ph to work (ph 3). You are right about L-aa being the best vit c to use but because it is so unstable it oxidises quickly and is useless then. L aa vit serums tend to last around 3 months. Keeping it in the fridge in the box helps to prevent oxidation happening faster. OST C20 is around a tenner-ish on ebay. Maybe more on amazon.

shereebobbins Mon 18-Jan-16 01:36:42

There's a company called Timeless that sell Vit c serum for about £20 ($24.95).
Or there's many recipes online so you can make it yourself. After the initial outlay for the ingredients it then costs pennies.

hollyisalovelyname Mon 18-Jan-16 07:33:55

Thank you.

mintbiscuit Mon 18-Jan-16 17:03:31

Timeless is meant to a dupe for the skinceuticals one. If you do end up buying it would love to know what you think of it.

Pcat Mon 18-Jan-16 19:28:46

I love the skinceuticals c serum- nothing compares to it. It is out of my budget so I have tried many of the alternatives but nothing even comes close to the glow and even skin tone I get with skinceuticals.

Of all the ones I have tried the best is the Avalon organics serum on amazon which is nothing like the skinceuticals one and is a milky serum that reeks of oranges but does give a nice glow.
The cheapest way to buy it is to buy sample sizes through ebay. I keep the unopened vials in the fridge so they don't go off

XiCi Mon 18-Jan-16 19:48:28

I have tried some of the more expensive vit c serums but have had the best results with OST C20 serum. I think I may have got from RoseRoseShop but it's available on Amazon for about £20

XiCi Mon 18-Jan-16 19:50:50

Have to say though, I haven't used the skinceuticals one. Can't imagine that the ingredients warrant £120 price tag though.

NigellasGuest Mon 18-Jan-16 19:56:48

I've used the Skinceuticals CE Ferulic- I bought mini samples from Ebay for under £10 - perhaps give that a try?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now