What shoes/boots with this frock?

(10 Posts)
EdithMasseysEgg Sun 17-Jan-16 19:58:39

Hoping for some help! Have bought this dress from Toast sale to wear to my friend's wedding at the end of the month. It is lovely, however I'm having a footwear dilemma. On the Toast website they have paired it with flat ankle boots, which I think make it a bit frumpy (especially for a wedding). Do you think heeled ankle boots? Or shoes? If so, what style? I will have my 3 year old and 1 year old with me, so don't want to be teetering! The dress is a mid calf length, and I am about 5ft10.

So not used to getting dressed up at the minute - I'm finding it hard to think! Any help greatly received! smile

amarmai Sun 17-Jan-16 20:11:49

a wedge heel with a thick sole shoe, maybe loafer style.

EdithMasseysEgg Sun 17-Jan-16 20:23:04

Thanks for quick reply! Like a sort of flatform/clumpy style or something more feminine?

amarmai Sun 17-Jan-16 20:32:19

i was thinking of clumpy flatform , very pointy toe slip ons and more feminine. But a T bar just came into my mind or a mary jane to go with the old fashionned tea dress style. Or a lace up block heel granny shoe?

RookieMonster Sun 17-Jan-16 20:38:36

These might work? www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00VF3ENMC/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

EdithMasseysEgg Sun 17-Jan-16 21:09:27

Thanks! T bars can make my ankles look a bit thick I think... Which definitely rules out ankle boots I guess! Going to scour the web tonight! Keep the suggestions coming - greatly appreciated!! grin

Greengardenpixie Sun 17-Jan-16 21:16:07

I agree with the platform. Make the dress look a little edgey.

Try next:

www.next.co.uk/shop/gender-women-productaffiliation-footwear/category-shoes-designfeature-platforms

Greengardenpixie Sun 17-Jan-16 21:17:14

Love these actually:

www.next.co.uk/x572336s5#360188

EdithMasseysEgg Sun 17-Jan-16 21:23:25

Love those! My only concern is wrangling a toddler in them. Do love that look though.

hugoagogo Mon 18-Jan-16 07:38:08

I like them too, shame there are no flatish suggestions- I just can't walk in heels.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now