Any sophisticated grownups here wear a 'teenage' fragrance?

(31 Posts)
GreatAuntLavinia Sat 16-Jan-16 18:15:59

Trying out different perfumes with teenage dd I've come across the odd one I really like, but would feel daft wearing something by One Direction even if I do like the smell ... Anyone just do it anyway?! I already steal little sprays of her Katy Perry and Harajuku Lovers but buying one for myself seems like a sad step too far. (I know I know - I do like sweet gourmande perfumes that I should hate at my age ... love Angel e.g.)

Palomb Sat 16-Jan-16 18:19:35

Dd's got the Katy Perry one and I really like it, It seems to last a long time too. I've got a can of Charlie Red body spray in my office and occasionally have a squirt and still like it.
I do wonder if everyone thinks I smell like a 15 year old though!

Mincedpie Sat 16-Jan-16 18:22:33

I love the Britney Spears one blush.

JimmyGreavesMoustache Sat 16-Jan-16 18:26:34

i still buy some of The Body Shop EDTs for cheap stuff to spray on at work (although I have moved away from White Musk grin

poorbuthappy Sat 16-Jan-16 18:27:51

Dd1 has One Direction between us and it's lovely...

Branleuse Sat 16-Jan-16 18:30:37

I actually bought a bottle of So...? last week, which i loved as a teenager. its really nice for something so cheap

www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B007QUOQNE/ref=sr_ph?ie=UTF8&qid=1452969005&sr=1&keywords=so..%3F

GreatAuntLavinia Sat 16-Jan-16 18:31:36

poorbuthappy It's One Direction Between Us that's making me ask the question! I can smell it on my watch strap from a couple days ago and it's lovely! I got Marc Jacobs Decadence for Christmas and - the shame - I like this One Direction one just as much ... blush

SweetieDrops Sat 16-Jan-16 18:31:54

I love the Britney Spears one too, the one in the light blue bottle.

ScouseQueen Sat 16-Jan-16 18:40:29

Britney Spears' Island Fantasy! Love it blush

hollyisalovelyname Sat 16-Jan-16 18:50:30

I wear Coty Wild Musk and Ted Baker Polly.
I also have Chanel Les Exclusifs- Jersey.

Cheesymonster Sun 17-Jan-16 08:37:55

Britney Soears Circus Fantasy (round blue bottle with red "gems") is gorgeous and I get loads of compliments on it.

Cheesymonster Sun 17-Jan-16 08:38:23

Spears, oops!

Catpants123 Sun 17-Jan-16 08:40:16

I used to love Jo Lo but it's too distinctive for my tastes now.

MarchEliza Sun 17-Jan-16 08:51:08

I got a sample of the Kim Kardashian one (first one, I think there are loads now) a few years ago in a sample subscription box. It's actually really very nice but I'm afraid I could never bring myself to get a bottle... (snob)

WhoKn0wsWhereTheMistletoes Sun 17-Jan-16 08:56:48

I'm still partial to CKOne, which although it isn't marketed at teens in the same way as celeb fragranced does seem to be one that most people associate with wearing in their teens.

HarrysMummy17 Sun 17-Jan-16 09:07:37

I've got most of the Britney Spears fantasy collection! Love them! Original is my fave though.

WoodleyPixie Sun 17-Jan-16 14:44:57

39 and my favourites are Vera wang princess and viktor and rolf flower bomb.

Herrerarerra Mon 18-Jan-16 00:16:47

I love Britney Spears Fantasy, the one in the pink bottle.

SellMySoulForSomeSleep Mon 18-Jan-16 00:19:12

I wear Charlie red for work as its cheap and I can use body spray during the day to top up. Reminds me of being a teenager anyway grin

2boysnamedR Mon 18-Jan-16 00:26:57

I love the Britney ones too. Even convince ds my sister it's lovely. I always have about ten different perfumes. Dh got me Katy Perry for Christmas and I had never known it.

My favourite perfumes are still Yves Saint Larent and Lancôme so I must be ok wink

Aphie Mon 18-Jan-16 00:48:19

My favourite comfort perfume is Kylie Minogue Sweet Darling. Which I have to get on ebay these days sad

Quietlygoingmad67 Mon 18-Jan-16 01:00:30

Erm almost to ashamed to admit but here goes
The new Zoella perfume!! Love it! My sister brought me some for xmas as a joke and I actually love itblush

CakeThat Mon 18-Jan-16 06:08:50

I absolutely love the Victoria Beckham perfume. Not really aimed at teenagers but pretty unsophisticated nevertheless! But such a bargain!

IPokeBadgers Mon 18-Jan-16 13:55:05

Quietlygoingmad67 - I had a sniff of the Zoella and was sorely tempted, thought it was lovely.....then realised I am 36 years and didn't really want to smell like the giggly 12 year olds next to me who were also wafting it about.

BUT....if someone had put a bottle of it in my stocking, I would not have been disappointed, lovely wee cheap and cheerful fragrance!

ChristmasCabbage Mon 18-Jan-16 14:10:18

In my current collection are:

Versace Red Jeans (always had a bottle on the go since I got my first one at 13)

Katie Price (can't remember the name but lovely)

Body shop musk spray

Charlie red body spray

Chloe

I also obviously have lots of grown-up sophisticated perfumes as well of course but the old ones are the best grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now