Talk

Advanced search

Brazilian Blow Dry and Suphate Free Shampoo/Conditioner

(8 Posts)
wendymurray3 Fri 15-Jan-16 07:21:05

I had a Brazilian Blow Dry yesterday (KeraStraight) treatment to tame my curly locks. My hairdresser told me I need to use Sulphate Free shampoo and conditioner and also a product with keratin in.

Well what an absolute nightmare I am having. My hairdresser mentioned Tresemme do a sulphate free, however their keratin products do now contain sulphates albeit low amounts.

I have purchased Palmers Olive Oil formula shampoo and conditioner which states quite clearly on the front Sulfate and Paraben free? However reading the ingredients on the back it has Sodium Laureth Sulfate and Sodium Lauryl Sulfate??? Are these not sulphates then?

I have emailed Palmers for a response but wondered if someone who has had this treatment can advise what they have used. I know there are products out there at £20+ per bottle but I am not wanting to pay that sort of money.

Thanks very much.

FannyGlum Fri 15-Jan-16 07:30:40

I used a sainsbury's kids one that was sodium free.

Gobbolinothewitchscat Fri 15-Jan-16 07:30:46

Do you use amazon? They have lots on there www.amazon.co.uk/Boudica-Sulphate-Keratin-Friendly-Shampoo/dp/B00IGZZS1M/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1452842949&sr=8-3&keywords=sulphate+free+shampoo

They also have a very good free returns policy (they'll pick up from you) if the product has been misdescribed

FannyGlum Fri 15-Jan-16 07:32:05

Also on Amazon I'm sure there are some Brazilian blow dry shampoos that are sodium free. Holland and Barrett sell stuff that is SLS and paraben free too.

wendymurray3 Fri 15-Jan-16 07:37:43

Thanks for the replies, yes I do use Amazon and have searched "sulphate free shampoos" but some of the ones advertised there as sulphate free are actually not!! For example the OGX Brazilian Therapy which google also brings up as sulphate free. I emailed OGX yesterday after reading the reviews on Amazon and it does in fact contain some sulphates.

Gobbolinothewitchscat Fri 15-Jan-16 07:47:24

The one I linked to has a question about sulphate answered by the manufacturers stating that

Yes. Boudica products are Sulphate Free and sulphates are thought to dissolve keratin over time. So Boudica does not have this issue and works well with keratin and colour treated hair.

So it looks like that would be suitable.

unimaginativename13 Fri 15-Jan-16 08:25:46

I have a keratin done and personally it costs so much money that I want to look after it so always buy the correct shampoo and conditioner.

It's like buying a designer dress and washing it in fairy liquid!

I find also I go through tonnes of shop bought stuff but the kerastraight stuff lasts ages.

CakeThat Fri 15-Jan-16 19:19:46

U think the body shop rainforest range is sulphate free.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now