Talk

Advanced search

Dry eyes, nose and lips. Help!

(4 Posts)
Whenwillitbeme99 Thu 14-Jan-16 19:22:50

For the last few weeks my eyelids, just inside my nose and my lips have been incredibly dry. I know the weather and central heating will be causing this, though don't have the heating on much as don't like warm rooms.
I have sensitive skin and suffer eczema flare ups on my hands which l try my best to keep under control with aveeno eczema cream but hands have also still been very dry.
Have been using kiehls avocado eye cream on eyes, Vaseline on nose and carmex & blistex on lips but none are really helping.
Can anyone recommend a do it all moisturising balm l could use instead of lots of different products or am l hoping for too much? confused
Thanks in advance! smile

MimsyBorogroves Thu 14-Jan-16 19:27:32

Me too. The bits between my lips and nose and between my eyebrows are scaly. I used to use clarins Aqua cleanse when I had more money and that was really good at preventing it (I think mine is triggered by central heating) but this year I can't stop it at all.

burnishedsilver Thu 14-Jan-16 20:09:24

Cicaplast baume B5.
Great for the nose and lips. I'm not sure about the eye lids.

FrustratedFrugal Thu 14-Jan-16 20:32:05

I'm in the freezing far North (-15C today), we get nosebleeds in this weather, even my nails are brittle. I swear by Eucerin 5% urea cream for my face and Neutrogena hand cream. For some reason I find Vaseline based products drying, beeswax based lip products are much better. I use olive oil for my nostrils. Bathe and shower a bit less frequently, and use less/no shower products and soaps - that is the key, and revert back to normal when the weather is warmer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now