What you think about this dress and boots

(10 Posts)
elephantoverthehill Wed 13-Jan-16 23:41:57

Going to a close colleagues leaving do and I am trying to get my ziz back into my wardrobe. I have ordered this dress on line www.zalando.co.uk/anna-field-jersey-dress-red-black-an621c0n3-q12.html and am perhaps considering these boots to go with it www.marksandspencer.com/faux-suede-pointed-toe-chelsea-shoe-boots-with-insolia-flex/p/p22401772?image=HT_01_T02_5871A_B0_X_EC_0&color=RED Am I too eighties? I would wear a very plain black leather jacket on top. Or shall I just wear my levis, maybe the wild boots and a nice jumper?

SuckingEggs Wed 13-Jan-16 23:46:38

It's 80s with those boots, but could be 60s with different (up to knee) black boots.

And a leather jacket would be good, yep.

SuckingEggs Wed 13-Jan-16 23:47:24

If it's in a pub, I would go for the jeans combo.

MuttonCadet Wed 13-Jan-16 23:49:00

I'd prefer it with knee high black boots, but if you prefer the red ankle boots then go for it.
Definitely with a black leather jacket.

elephantoverthehill Wed 13-Jan-16 23:52:14

Oh I have knee high suede boots I have forgotten about. i might try them when the dress arrives although they are a bit clumpy. SuckingEggs yes that it is what I would normally do but I want the colleague to feel we have made a bit of an effort IYSWIM.

SuckingEggs Wed 13-Jan-16 23:52:58

Go with knee high boots - it'll look funkier.

sarah2011 Wed 13-Jan-16 23:53:41

Not a big fan of the boots I like the dress with court shoes like what the model Is wearing x

RJnomore1 Wed 13-Jan-16 23:57:03

Can you find wedge boots like that?

elephantoverthehill Thu 14-Jan-16 00:00:14

Thanks I was unsure about the boots too, but perhaps I an a tart at heart! I do have black court shoe etc to wear with the dress, I just always seem to start with the sale shoes and work from there, but got it wrong this time.

elephantoverthehill Thu 14-Jan-16 00:06:13

I've just looked back at the link to the dress and hadn't even clocked the model was wearing a leather jacket. Obviously I am a style icon not. My leather jacket is much cooler grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now