Talk

Advanced search

Contact lenses - online ordering?

(23 Posts)
Jungfraujoch Wed 13-Jan-16 20:19:50

About to do this for the first time and slightly worried about picking a dodgy company!

Any recommendations please?

shatteredstudentmum Wed 13-Jan-16 20:23:22

I use lens store. Get free eye tests / check ups with vision express too. Never had any problems in 2 years.

www.lenstore.co.uk/?gclid=CP_Ih9XOp8oCFda4GwodSoAGpQ

SnakePlisskensMum Wed 13-Jan-16 20:24:31

I use visiondirect.co.uk , I've used them for years and they are really reliable and customer service is excellent

harrasseddotcom Wed 13-Jan-16 20:30:19

i use lenson, have done for the last 18 months, so 3 orders of 6 months. no problems and quick delivery. plus i for the last three orders have managed to get a groupon voucher of £40 for £19.

Boredofthinkingofnewnames Wed 13-Jan-16 20:33:11

Visiondirect here too have used them for years

Jungfraujoch Wed 13-Jan-16 20:49:09

Thank you! I'll check out Visiondirect as it's had a couple of recommendations!

Lara2 Wed 13-Jan-16 21:04:23

I use Daysoft - very cheap, very comfortable and speedy delivery. I was totally upfront with my optician and said that I was going to buy online. I have had my lenses checked regularly and the fit etc are fine. A month's worth costs me £12.

ItGoesWithoutSaying Thu 14-Jan-16 09:32:17

Also use Vision Direct and had no problems. (Started using them when Boots wanted me to join a direct debit scheme which meant I paid for three months before receiving a single lens. WTF?)

ChablisLover Thu 14-Jan-16 10:15:00

Asda opticians online are very good as well

Branleuse Thu 14-Jan-16 10:20:56

i use daysoft and theyre great.

CointreauVersial Fri 15-Jan-16 17:26:50

Can I ask - if you buy lenses online, how do you get your eyes checked?

I don't mean sight tests, I mean lens checks - to see if they are still fitting, not irritating the eye etc.

DD1 has had all sorts of problems and has had to change lens material, but if she bought them online surely this wouldn't be picked up?

Or do Specsavers etc. care if you walk in with someone else's lenses and ask for a checkup?

Branleuse Fri 15-Jan-16 18:53:42

you are still supposed to get check ups of your own accord yearly. You can do that at any optician.

tappitytaptap Sat 16-Jan-16 10:50:23

I use lenses-contact, the 2 weekly ones, and they are much more comfortable than the 40+ a month ones I had from the optician, and cost around 12 a month with solutions. Can't quite remember the brand now but will look up if anyone is interested.

HarrysMummy17 Sat 16-Jan-16 11:22:59

I use lensstore and vision direct depending on who is cheaper at the time. Used feel good lenses this time. They were good too and a lot cheaper!

Lolly86 Sat 16-Jan-16 11:24:12

Vision direct here never had a problem and next day delivery is very handy

WhoKn0wsWhereTheMistletoes Sat 16-Jan-16 11:26:49

Very good experience with Asda, they will only supply the exact lenses prescribed by your optician (rightly so) and verify this themselves with the optician. I would not use any online provider who was willing to supply non prescribed lenses.

OvertiredandConfused Sat 16-Jan-16 15:50:04

I use vision direct. They supply the same brand I was getting from my excellent, independent optician. I still have eye tests, lens checks and get my glasses from the same optician I always used.

Runningupthathill82 Sat 16-Jan-16 16:25:39

Vision Direct are great. I'm getting the same lenses I got through the optician, only far cheaper. Fast and easy service too.

ArkATerre Sat 16-Jan-16 16:30:23

I use Lenstore. They give vouchers for eye tests and contact lense checks

CarrieLouise25 Sat 16-Jan-16 16:33:38

Vision Direct here again (used to be get lenses) - have been using them over 10 years now. They are fantastic, cheap, reliable, and fast smile

Jungfraujoch Sat 16-Jan-16 19:19:13

Just thought I'd pop back to say my lenses came from Visiondirect. Easy ordering and quick delivery. They are the same brand as prescribed by Specsavers but cheaper!! Thanks again for recommendation.

LazySusan11 Sun 17-Jan-16 23:53:22

I also use visiondirect my lenses arrive the next day never had a problem

FashionLover1 Tue 19-Jan-16 13:20:26

Same here, I use Vision Direct, the best prices and excellent service.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now