Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

footwear for cropped wide leg pants

(10 Posts)
amarmai Wed 13-Jan-16 17:14:51

I have sewed them in red tartan ,they have 25" circum legs and are going to have a wide cuff just above the ankle. Mainly seeing stilettos on pinterest, but i need something closer to the ground! What footwear do you suggest , s&b mners and any ideas for the top half- but cant wear cropped?

niminypiminy Wed 13-Jan-16 17:24:45

Fitted for top half, I think.

For shoes, if you want to do a heel, how about a block heel -perhaps something like this, or you could go for a mid-height kitten heel like this.

If flats are more your thing then brogues would work very well. As an alternative this cutaway style might work very well.

vindscreenviper Wed 13-Jan-16 17:32:48

White converse?

amarmai Wed 13-Jan-16 17:37:59

like the block heel, niminy, thanks for the ideas. Was wondering about sneakers, viper - until i saw the pic! looks like my red tartan lol.

vindscreenviper Wed 13-Jan-16 17:44:47

grin Yeah, an great example of how not to do cropped flares amarmai
I can remember one of my aunt being into the Bay City Rollers and wearing huge platform boots with her tartan crops.

amarmai Wed 13-Jan-16 18:07:08

I am also wondering about boots, viper, but just saw a set of pics for 2016/17 fall winter with a ton of flared flood pants - all paired with a thick sole very pointed toe loafer. So still wavering!

tethersend Wed 13-Jan-16 18:10:42

I'd like to caution against stilettos as they get caught in the cuffs of the trousers, making you fall down the stairs like a twat in front of the whole school. Probably.

amarmai Wed 13-Jan-16 18:22:33

omg i saw this happen to a woman walking up a hilly street -her sandals caught in the flowing pant leg and she fell face down. it was awful. Def ruled out stilettos!

niminypiminy Wed 13-Jan-16 18:32:23

I fell face downward down some stairs by catching the toe of my shoe in some long wide leg trousers - ripped my lip right through up to the frenulum. Cropped wide leg trousers is the way forward for me.

amarmai Wed 13-Jan-16 18:44:48

that sounds so painful, niminy. Yes-cropped for me too.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: