Bronzer- where do you put it?

(13 Posts)
70isaLimitNotaTarget Wed 13-Jan-16 16:44:39

I was tidying up my make-up and found a bronzer (I think Rimmel) that I'd bought for DD --and she regifted to me after she got Hoola .
So, like you do, I got my brush out and had a faff about.....

Tried the Hoola next (on clean face) it's darker so makes me look grubby not goddess-ey.

DD told me to put it under my cheekbones but that's contouring isn't it?

I put it where the sun would catch so foehead, nose, top of cheekbones ...but I just look manky sad

I'm pale skinned with freckles and dyed coppery hair (Real Life mid brown) brown/haze eyes (Celtic complexion )

Any tips to apply? Or is it just the shock of having a bit of colour?

70isaLimitNotaTarget Wed 13-Jan-16 16:45:31

forehead not foehead <tsk>

70isaLimitNotaTarget Wed 13-Jan-16 19:41:54

bump

CleverPlansAndSecretTricks Wed 13-Jan-16 20:12:37

I want to know too! I'm pale and freckly and have always thought "maybe I should use bronzer". But I'm scared of looking orange or something.

SnakePlisskensMum Wed 13-Jan-16 20:32:39

Bronzer goes on as a letter 'E' or a '3' depending on side. So across forehead, across cheekbones and jawline.

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Wed 13-Jan-16 20:34:30

I would find a huge fluffy brush and dip in bronzer. Tap off excess on side of lid. You need very little on the brush. Start at top centre of forehead and sweep down side of face. Aim for a large '3' shape which goes under cheek bone and then under chin. Repeat inverted 3 shape on other side of face. Apply very little and build up the colour if you need. Use bronzer last after rest of makeup done. Pinkish blusher on cheeks will help if you're pale..If the bronzer looks too 'muddy' its probably too dark for you. That's what I do..appreciate it might not work for everyone. smile

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Wed 13-Jan-16 20:38:35

Sorry- looks like SNAKE beat me to it with the '3' advice..

Jw35 Wed 13-Jan-16 20:54:33

Across the T zone. Forehead, down the nose to the chin and cheeks.

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Wed 13-Jan-16 21:02:45

Dont do the T and the 3 shape together unless you live in essex grin

70isaLimitNotaTarget Wed 13-Jan-16 21:31:08

Ha!

I LIVE IN ESSEX fgrin

If I'd gone out today I'd have blended right in (and you'd all be Well Jell )

Ok, so a 3/E and I'll leave the Hoola to DD and find something lighter (the Rimmel one had a bit of sparkle even though it said it was matte)

Anyone use "Dallas" - it says it's a bronzer/blusher.
I need to go out and test some don't I?

70isaLimitNotaTarget Wed 13-Jan-16 21:31:44

No idea why I did a Father Christmas smiley blush

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Wed 13-Jan-16 21:59:13

Really sorry OP about essex joke blush hope didnt cause offence. Happy shopping!
(I'll get my coat...)

70isaLimitNotaTarget Wed 13-Jan-16 22:04:57

None taken , I'm an Honourary Essex Wife (remember that programme Essex Wives? It was dire interesting ) lived here nearly 30 years

I love Essex and all it has to offer but the natives sense of style is , erm, interesting grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now