Talk

Advanced search

Help! Mum knees!

(5 Posts)
Cheesewithbread Wed 13-Jan-16 07:30:26

If had awful dry skin on my knees for years and nothing is shifting it. I guess it's from spending ages crawling around after the kids but I'm left with huge dry and hard patches that look like bruises!

I've tried coconut oil, flexitol hard skin remover for feet, exfoliating and tons of different moisturisers. It remains. Have heard about wax treatments but not tried. Spoke to a bautitician about it and they didn't seem to know anything about using wax.

Anyone had the same and managed to get rid of it? I want to get my legs out this summer!

SeasonalVag Wed 13-Jan-16 07:53:08

Flexitol? If it's hardened skin, that would definitely help or any moisturiser containing urea

SeasonalVag Wed 13-Jan-16 07:54:05

Oh sorry, didn't read yr post properly. Maybe you need to see a dermatologist?

Cheesewithbread Wed 13-Jan-16 18:24:28

Thanks - hadn't considered a dermatologist, I guess I just thought it was cosmetic rather than medical but maybe you have a point!

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Wed 13-Jan-16 20:45:01

I get this exact same problem also from years of crawling round carpet with kids. Borrowed some sandpaper from DPs toolbox and literally sanded dry skin off followed by loads of moisturiser. Crazy but works for me! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now