Talk

Advanced search

Weird Boden sizing

(7 Posts)
Floowho Tue 12-Jan-16 16:49:29

Just bought some basics I liked from Boden, but the sizing has gone crazy. I ordered size 12, but to wear the items, I am going to have to downsize to 8. Is anyone else finding this too? I am all for flattering sizing, but this is ridiculous. My shape hasn't changed that much, if anything I have put on a few pounds.

Nettletheelf Tue 12-Jan-16 22:45:25

Posts like this amuse me greatly. They might as well say:

GUESS WHAT, YOU'RE FATTER THAN YOU THINK. YES, FATTER! YOU THINK THAT YOU'RE A SIZE 8. WELL, YOU'RE NOT! YOU'RE A SIZE 12 IN REAL MONEY!

Although I'm sure you didn't intend it, OP...

Figwin Tue 12-Jan-16 22:52:04

Lol sorry op but this is a wonderful example of middle class problem. Don't worry I have them too. Generally Waitrose related grin

OlgaLarina Wed 13-Jan-16 00:18:01

I agree OP, it's very annoying.

I ordered some stuff from Boden a couple of months ago, as I was keen to try it out after the recommendations in here. All of it had to be sent back, though, as size 8 was too big.

As someone who's very short, it's the same problem in a lot of shops which has made purchasing correctly fitting clothes a bit difficult.

Djangor Wed 13-Jan-16 11:17:04

Received a crinkle cotton shirt ordered in the same size as the one I liked last year. Sleeves at least 2inches longer & body length longer as well. Otherwise more or less the same but I sent most things back last year as their sizing was so erratic. This year there seem to be a lot of loose fitting or oversized tops - I was pleased to see some plain colour shirts and thought they would be great for work untiil I realised that size 10 has a chest measurement of over 40inches. Mini Boden & Johnnie B boys' stuff was more consistent last year but haven't ordered anything from them yet this season.

Floowho Wed 13-Jan-16 18:00:46

Can see how it read, just wanted to advise others before they bought and wasted time having to send it all back. Trousers coming up true size 12...... My diamond shoes are also too tight.

Floowho Wed 13-Jan-16 18:01:42

Uniqlo also coming up huge. Take size 12 in most other brands.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now