Talk

Advanced search

Anyone know about perfumes? If I like Chanel Coco Mademoiselle, what other perfumes would suit me?

(14 Posts)
InTheBox Tue 12-Jan-16 11:59:04

Just that in my very long thread title. I've always worn coco mademoiselle but would be interested to know other perfumes that are similar that I could explore.

Thanks and hoping someone has some good pointers.

TennesseeMountainPointOfView Tue 12-Jan-16 12:02:55

Miss Dior
La Vie Est Belle
Elie Saab Le Parfum

billygoatscruff Tue 12-Jan-16 12:03:40

Narciso Rodriguez

billygoatscruff Tue 12-Jan-16 12:05:02

Sorry should add they're not similar but I like them both. Both last well on me too.

MissBattleaxe Tue 12-Jan-16 14:03:34

Coco Mademoiselle is largely orange blossom and patchouli so if you like those notes, look for other perfumes with those in.

It's hard for people to say what will suit you as you don't really know until you try it. But if you like CM you might well like the perfumes that Tennessee suggested.

BertrandRussell Tue 12-Jan-16 14:07:03

My dd likes coco Madamoiselle and also Diorissiomo. There's an AquaDi Palma she likes as well.

WilLiAmHerschel Tue 12-Jan-16 14:13:06

A family friend bought me a perfume from Lidl that cost £4 and everyone always compliments the smell. I have since discovered it apparently smells like Chanel Coco Mademoiselle. Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone is interested.

home.bt.com/lifestyle/fashion-beauty/how-lidls-4-perfume-beats-a-bottle-of-70-chanel-and-more-money-saving-beauty-cheats-11363946379892

Grumpyoldblonde Tue 12-Jan-16 14:33:38

Estee Lauder Sensuous is along the same lines as the Chanel, which is also my favourite too. It is reminiscent of Coco Mademoiselle and slightly cheaper which is a bonus.

MissBattleaxe Tue 12-Jan-16 14:52:35

Yes the Lidl one is a dead ringer.

InTheBox Tue 12-Jan-16 17:37:45

Thanks for replies. The thing is I'm half french feeling like I've outgrown that perfume and just wanted some other options.

Who'd have thought that Lidl would be a perfumier! grin

Paperblank Tue 12-Jan-16 21:33:15

Elie Saab is just beautiful it always reminds me of my grandfathers garden, honeysuckle seems to be in there somewhere.

I generally have a bottle of Coco Mademoiselle on the go but I wore Allure when I got married - it has a similar warmth on me but a different length of fragrance.

ShotgunNotDoingThePans Tue 12-Jan-16 22:26:13

There's a website called Nose (think it's French-based), and rhey gave a fantastic seevice: you input your favourite five (I think) perfumes and they send you a selection of samples based on your preferences. Costa about a tenner. It's a great way to find new and unusual fragrances you'd never see on the Boots counter. Lots of independent/boutique parfumiers.
There's been some 'perfumista' threads on mn - think that's where I found the Nose suggestion. Might be more ideas if you search.

ChristineDePisan Wed 13-Jan-16 02:34:00

john Paul Gaultier original scent?

MissBattleaxe Wed 13-Jan-16 10:02:35

Yes, try Nose. Also, look into getting some samples. The Perfume Society Discovery Boxes are a great start. I love them! They have a thing called Fr.ED which does the same as nose but a more basic version. You type in what you like and it makes suggestions for you. Its need a bit of souping up but you could get some good ideas from there. www.perfumesociety.com

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now