Talk

Advanced search

I am popping into Bath tomorrow to get foundation, do I need to go makeup free???

(12 Posts)
Swifey Mon 11-Jan-16 13:19:00

And to those of you who know Bath, what do you think Jollys or Boots?
I was going to go for a Lancome one, but not sure, what else is good?

Swifey Mon 11-Jan-16 13:22:17

I usually just wear bb cream, but am very tired at the moment (bin sleeping baby) and feel I need a bit more?? I have previously used Armani (really liked) and Clinique (was ok) but not sure. I am 37, pretty good skin, prone to redness, but not too bad, blue eyes, dark auburn/brown hair and skin fairly pale at moment but tans easily. any help appreciated! smile

SquadGoals Mon 11-Jan-16 13:52:04

Nope, I tend to match my foundation to my collar bone area, so that I don't end up with my face paler/darker than my body.

Love the Armani one also, as well as the Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser. The new Chanel one is meant to be amazing.

KingRolloRocks Mon 11-Jan-16 13:54:26

I had a makeup lesson a couple of months ago at LittleLab (top of Broad Street) and it was brilliant, although not cheap. Bought quite a few products and am still using them all (and the techniques they showed me). I am not an expert but the stuff seems pretty good too.

CurlsLDN Mon 11-Jan-16 13:56:27

Nope, they'll use a wipe to clean a bit of your jawline, match your colour, then tidy up the patchy bit

nannyplumislostinspace Tue 12-Jan-16 19:30:37

Jollys is the best place for make up in bath. boots ok but smallish selection. Debenhams is absolute shite.

lurkingabit Tue 12-Jan-16 19:38:16

Apols the de-rail. SquadGoals, is the new Chanel one out yet?

I use Chanel Aqua vitalumiere. It's lovely.

P1nkP0ppy Tue 12-Jan-16 19:41:14

Definitely go to Jollys, avoid Debenhams at all costs. Boots in Bath is ok but only four or five brands, I much prefer Jollys.

Swifey Wed 13-Jan-16 06:10:31

Wonderful, Jollys it is then! How much is the Chanel one, will it bankrupt me wink? And does anyone have any thoughts on Lancôme please?

Ladyflip Wed 13-Jan-16 06:26:25

I tried the Lancôme one in Bath Boots. Walked as far as Debenhams and my DH announced that I looked ill and sweaty. Not a look I wanted, so immediately returned it and got my money back. Have heard good things about Jollys though!

SquadGoals Wed 13-Jan-16 08:34:00

lurking - just seen that apparently the UK launch is the 15th January.

I have a friend who writes a beauty blog so was sent it last month and she says it's incredible. She also uses Vitalumiere and has replaced it with this, so could work for you.

I live in the middle of nowhere abroad so will have to wait ages until I can get my mitts on it!

Ginandthecoconut Wed 13-Jan-16 09:13:21

Definitely go to Jollys. Agree Debenhams is a waste of time. Oh and check out Space NK-Bond Street.

They have a sample of the new Chanel foundation in this months Glamour magazine.

King- thank you I will check out LittleLAB smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now