Talk

Advanced search

Brown clothes wearers?

(13 Posts)
looki Sun 10-Jan-16 23:10:59

Why is it so hard to find brown clothes? Brown suits everyone and black doesn't yet black is everywhere and brown is impossible to buy at the moment. Zara (despite their rubbish quality) always had brown but now even they seem to have reduced their colours to black, navy or grey.

There is one top in Woolovers which looks meh (not even slightly fitted).

MrsMarigold Sun 10-Jan-16 23:13:26

Cordings?

Hopefully Mon 11-Jan-16 06:59:27

Brown is definite Not In at the moment - I remember when all the high st shops offered everything in brown and black, now it's grey and black. To be fair, it doesn't suit everyone (and even though it suits me, I don't particularly like it), but I agree it is impossible to find nowadays! I have found it easier, weirdly, to buy clothes in a warm brownish burgundy (H&M and Zara have both had things) or dark mole colour.

lighteningirl Mon 11-Jan-16 07:25:35

I love warm brown but have given it up for years now as you just can't find it

Fuzzballs Mon 11-Jan-16 09:22:11

Brown really doesn't look good on everyone, it looks hideous on a lot of people, me included. That said, it's just not in fashion at the moment

burnishedsilver Mon 11-Jan-16 09:46:40

I look horrendous in brown.

I've often bypassed Massimo Dutti because it all looks too brown. It might be worth a look for you.

I agree about burgandy. I've ordered several burgandy items online that have turned out to be brown when they arrive.

WickedWax Mon 11-Jan-16 12:11:48

I did one of those House of Colour days and rich chocolate brown was one of my best colours. It was a colour I'd never have chosen in a million years but I could see that it looks great on me.

Apart from a couple of jumpers I've struggled to find any nice brown clothes, so I'll follow this thread with interest. Anything veering towards burgundy makes me look like a corpse.

bigbadbarry Mon 11-Jan-16 12:16:52

I love brown and navy and look like a dead thing in black. I feel your pain. I suppose there is always Kettlewell if the colour is the main thing and you don't mind overpriced/poor quality sad

Floisme Mon 11-Jan-16 14:34:21

I've no suggestions but I share your pain. There are so many shades of brown - not all of them suit me but I love that really dark, bitter chocolate shade: so much more flattering on me than black. I've not seen it for ages but I'm sure it'll come around again at some point.

ZaZathecat Mon 11-Jan-16 15:12:54

Yep brown's 'out' I'm afraid. I know becasue it's become really difficult to get dd's brown tights for school - was easy a couple of years ago.

Housewife2010 Mon 11-Jan-16 17:06:43

I've been wearing loads if brown skirts this Autumn/Winter. I didn't realise I was out of fashion!confused

EmilyPunkhurst Mon 11-Jan-16 17:20:45

Finery often use a brown palette. Having said that, just had a quick look and there's lots of black... Worth checking out their sale though maybe?

Pantsalive Mon 11-Jan-16 17:39:03

Dylon have four different shades of brown dye. You could always go down that route.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now