Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Clarins or Clinique?

(15 Posts)
Coffecake99 Sun 10-Jan-16 21:59:43

Which do you prefer for skincare and makeup? Can't decide which is best.

Maverick66 Sun 10-Jan-16 22:05:48

I prefer Clnique .I have extremely sensitive skin and find Clarins too heavy and perfumed.

Lightbulbon Sun 10-Jan-16 22:09:00

I like Clarins.

Love the beauty flash balm. Like the bubble bath.

With Clinique I wasn't keen on the fact that their set contained soap.

And their moisturiser doesn't contain spf. Not sure if Clarins does either though. I use Estée Lauder moisturiser.

Do t think I've ever used make up from either. I think of them as skin care rather than make up brands.

VocationalGoat Sun 10-Jan-16 22:11:37

Clarin's

Though I do love Clinique's Dramatically Different moisturiser.
But Clarin's, definitely.

Sparkletastic Sun 10-Jan-16 22:12:36

Clarins all the way

VocationalGoat Sun 10-Jan-16 22:13:20

Btw, Clarin's body scrub is fabulous!

bigbadbarry Sun 10-Jan-16 22:14:19

Clarins for me - Clinique dried my skin out horribly.

GeorgieB89 Sun 10-Jan-16 22:17:57

Clarins for skincare, either for bodycare (they both do good body scrubs and body lotions, IMO) and wouldn't go out of my way to buy colour cosmetics from either of them.

NattyGolfJerkin Sun 10-Jan-16 22:19:08

Clinique for me. All the way. Clarins is too perfumed.

HATE HATE HATE Clinique 3 step though.

Coffecake99 Sun 10-Jan-16 22:23:55

Ive tried the Clinique 3 Step but not keen on Step 2 clarifying it feels too harsh on my skin. Thinking Clarins maybe more gentle.

Wolfiefan Sun 10-Jan-16 22:26:51

Wasn't Clinique developed as a treatment for acne (or something like that) It is designed to do a particular job. Skincare too harsh for my aging skin! Make up on for my quite sensitive skin.
Clarins more of a luxury brand IYSWIM. Skincare irritates my skin too!

Silverpinkswirls Sun 10-Jan-16 22:27:22

I like both for different things. I love clarins everlasting foundation, beauty flash balm, and cliniques take the day off balm.

NattyGolfJerkin Sun 10-Jan-16 22:30:41

Clinique's more modern skincare (the stuff brought out in recent years, not 3 step) is good and much gentler - the purple take the day off range, the green antioxidant range and the pink dehydration range are all good, IMO. They all have good stuff in them (my faves are take the day off cleansing balm and the moisture surge gel moisturiser).

CherryBlossom321 Sun 10-Jan-16 22:36:22

Clinique for me. My skin is extremely sensitive, I have rosacea. The redness solutions range has been an absolute saviour, it's under the best control it's been for years. I agree with some others that clarins is too perfumed. It's such an individual thing though, you can't really know what will be best for you until you try different brands.

MrsMarigold Sun 10-Jan-16 22:56:59

Clarins. Beauty Flash Balm, Marula Oil Cleanser and hand cream plus lip balm. La Roche posay for Moisturiser.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now