Talk

Advanced search

Done to Death...Dark Circles, eye creams recommendations please?

(19 Posts)
LionHearty Sun 10-Jan-16 18:06:29

Yep. I know, sleep - I get plenty (my kids are big now smile), hydrate - I drink loads, diet and exercise - erm hmm (working on it)...

So, MN beauties, for whom there is no end to your wisdom and style, please, recommend me a cream, lotion, potion, not more than £30 (I am not made of money!) that will make me look less panda-esque.

I have no wrinkles...yet, just dark circles, look like I've been punched without makeup.

burnishedsilver Sun 10-Jan-16 18:16:17

Any chance you're low on iron?

LionHearty Sun 10-Jan-16 18:23:39

Good point, but probably not. I don't have periods, I am at that age, so it is unlikely. And I eat stuff, perhaps a tad too much, but the right variety and combination.

LionHearty Sun 10-Jan-16 18:58:58

Bump.

Creams, Serums, Lotions, Potions. Don't keep it to yourself people

Theonlyweighisdown Sun 10-Jan-16 19:08:39

I'd be interested in any recommendations too

Petal02 Sun 10-Jan-16 19:15:24

Clinique Airbrush Concealer is fab. Body Shop Crayon Concealer is also very good, particularly if you're in a hurry, and you can buy a special 'chunky' sharpener from the Body Shop, as obviously once the end goes blunt you can no longer get into the nooks and crannies around your eyes.

Petal02 Sun 10-Jan-16 19:17:13

Ah, just realised you wanted eye-care recommendations, not concealers. In that case, try Clinique All About Eyes Rich.

LionHearty Sun 10-Jan-16 19:35:44

Petal I'll have a look at the crayon, haven't been in body shop in years.

I am looking for creams, but maybe makeup overhaul too. Thanks

ChoclolateOrange Sun 10-Jan-16 19:44:32

I use Chanel Le Lift and I'm convinced it works.

Chanel are very good at giving out samples so worth a try for you. That's how I came to sample it, and I got improvement with just that small tube. When I bought a pot and finished it, I convinced myself that is was a fluke but a month later I was back to buy another pot.

ohdearlord Sun 10-Jan-16 19:48:03

Clinique Even Better Dark circle corrector. You do have to be vigilant with morning and night but for me it does make a difference.

Kingfisherfree Sun 10-Jan-16 19:54:37

I found that Retin A cleared my undereye circles up as it renews the skin cells.

LionHearty Sun 10-Jan-16 19:56:12

Thanks ChocO and ohdear, I shall take a look at prices and try and obtain a samples.

LionHearty Sun 10-Jan-16 19:58:59

Kingfisher, is Retin A a brand name?

EssexMummy1234 Sun 10-Jan-16 20:12:34

I have the bobbi brown under-eye corrector / concealer which looked fab when they put it on in the posh dept store but when i tried it at home and then looked at it a few hours later, yup caked looking and not matching my skin tone.

I suspect that tear trough fillers are the way to go.

LionHearty Sun 10-Jan-16 20:14:58

Chanel Le Lift is in the region of £80!!

GeorgieB89 Sun 10-Jan-16 21:42:12

Caroline Hirons reckons Dr Dennis Gross Ferulic & Retinol eye cream made a slight difference to her dark circles. But it's £62. Dark circles can be hard to shift - defo not anaemia related?

LionHearty Sun 10-Jan-16 22:02:14

Genetic not anaemia sadly.

Looks like I will continue the makeup cover up. Had wanted to improve the circles tho'.

Cheesymonster Mon 11-Jan-16 07:43:24

I think they're hereditary and can't be helped by creams so I don't even bother with eye cream. I cover mine with Maybelline fit me concealer and then put Touche Eclat on top.

A pot concealer by Boots 17 gets rave reviews but I find it cakes on me. May be worth a try though, it's cheap.

KwickNC Mon 11-Jan-16 07:48:04

That Egyptian magic cream can help

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now