Where to buy bras if I'm a 30E?

(23 Posts)
donadumaurier Sun 10-Jan-16 13:53:00

Slightly nervous first poster. I've just had to buy new bras from the Angel range for teenagers in M&S because they were the only ones in my size. I'm 21 blush

A few years ago I was measured in M&S as a 32DD. At the time I would have been about 15 and was doing about 20 hours of sports training a week on a sports squad, lots of weights sessions etc. I when I gave that up aged 18 I found my bras all ended up being too big so I assumed I just needed to drop down a cup size and started buying 32Ds.

I've now found from lurking on here that M&S fittings are shit, which would explain why I've never really felt a 32D fitted me properly. I know, I know. I went into M&S earlier and tried on a whole load of different sizes myself and came to the conclusion that I should be a 30E, tried on a 30DD and the band fitting was SO much better but the cups were too small. Which makes sense, as from what I've read most people seem to be fitted by M&S as a band size bigger and a cup size smaller. Brilliant, I thought. Sorted.

Except the only bras they had in a 30E were in the section aimed at teenagers buying their first bras. All the other 30 bands in the shop I could find only went up to a D cup. It's like they're assuming if you're a 30E you'll still be growing and end up with a bigger band size. Which I definitely am not. No sports bras in there smaller than a 32 band either.

So the question is, where can I buy bras in a 30E that aren't too expensive?

Madlizzy Sun 10-Jan-16 13:59:52

Brastop.Com, Amazon, eBay

karalime Sun 10-Jan-16 14:02:32

Look for Freya on eBay and Amazon, brastop as above and belle lingerie sell end of line stuff so is cheaper.

Feckinlego Sun 10-Jan-16 14:05:22

I'm a 30e and I get most of mine in debenhams. Yy also to freya, they're really well made and quite pretty.

Madbengalmum Sun 10-Jan-16 14:06:09

Figleaves

12purpleapples Sun 10-Jan-16 14:08:24

I wear Freya a lot also. There are various sellers of new Freya bras on ebay that work out cheaper than the shops once you know that the size and fit suits you.

StrawberrytallCake Sun 10-Jan-16 14:10:08

Bravissimo have a sale at the moment, I'm not sure if figleaves do or not at the moment too but I always buy my bras from both of those places and I'm 30E too.

Bounced Sun 10-Jan-16 14:12:21

Bravissimo - I'm a 28G and I get fitted there and then buy a few extra in the same size and style from brastop or eBay.

bigTillyMint Sun 10-Jan-16 14:17:56

DD was measured as 30E in John Lewis who do have some bras in 30E (although I measured her as 28" under - I think there are barely any anywhere that small).
She was measured as 32DDD in Victoria's Secret in NYC (I don't think they do a smaller backstrap than 32) and says those bras are very comfy.

Leviticus Sun 10-Jan-16 14:18:50

YY Freya

Heads up, M&S bands tend to run a bit snugger than usual especially at the smaller end of the sizing spectrum. So you may well find that you actually need more like a 28F in other brands.

donadumaurier Sun 10-Jan-16 14:56:12

Thanks everyone, there's a John Lewis near me so I might try in there, is it worth risking a fitting or would I be better off working it out myself? I've heard bralissimo is good but always been put off by the prices, will have a look if there's a sale. I've always relied on M&S before so I'm totally clueless with other shops!

badg3r Sun 10-Jan-16 15:01:21

Bravissimo. It is incredible. I was very self conscious about having to buy mumsy bras when I was a teenager because that was the only thing in my size (same as you). It's expensive but the styles are lovely and they're good quality and a GOOD FIT! I got a sports bra from there a few years ago, it's a 28G andstill in great nick, looks nice and my boobs don't move at all when I run.

I have never had good experiences with M&S bras, John Lewis is much better IMO.

HeyMacWey Sun 10-Jan-16 15:05:23

Another recommendation for Freya or fantasie - John Lewis stock them.

Eastpoint Sun 10-Jan-16 15:08:46

John Lewis & Figleaves.
Je Te Veux online for discounted expensive labels (not a huge discount but better than full price).

Bravissimo is worth it for a fitting, and you can take the opportunity to try on the main DD+ brands (freya, Panache, Cleo, Curvy Kate etc) so you know what works for you in those brands. They can be found in lots of places online, especially if you don't mind having past season colours and patterns. You'll probably find that whilst they are more expensive a good bra will last longer than your M&S ones would have too.

OnGoldenPond Sun 10-Jan-16 18:52:27

Boux Avenue are good for small band fittings. They do proper, reliable fittings too without having to make an appointment ( M&S fittings are by appointment only at our local one).

DD is also a 30E and she found her size in all the styles in the shop. Not much pricier than M&S and good quality.

BikeRunSki Sun 10-Jan-16 18:58:55

I like John Lewis for fittings.
You have nothing to lose by going for one.

Unfortunately some branches of Boux are still doing the old +4 approach, a few of the bra bloggers tested them out. It's so frustrating, there's hardly anywhere which is consistently good.

maybemyrtle Sun 10-Jan-16 19:16:16

Always worth having a look in tk maxx too, I'm a 30e or 32dd and my favourites are a panache and a masquerade that were reduced to about £3 each.

CMOTDibbler Sun 10-Jan-16 19:23:12

Once you know your size for sure, and what style suits you (mine for instance are bottom heavy, and as a tall 30ff they look pretty small so I love a half cup, don't like plunge or moulded), then I find ebay is fabulous for ends of lines or worn once fitting mistakes

dottyaboutstripes Sun 10-Jan-16 19:25:19

Do you have a Leia near you? I'm 30E and tend to go there and buy Freya/Fantasie

Jibberjabberjooo Sun 10-Jan-16 19:45:43

Bravissimo, I think their fitting is brilliant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now