Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recommend a good watch please

(14 Posts)
ginorwine Sat 09-Jan-16 22:22:35

Inspired by the how to look expensive thread I'm looking for a good watch .
I read that a poster wore diamonds and a vintage Rolex - I looked up 1950 s Rolex - they are divine but way way out of reach !
Please may I have recommendations for lovely , Ahem , expensive looking watches? I've only ever had my beloved timex!
I favour classic styles with maybe tan strap?
I don't know about cost ?£200 ?
Thanks !!

Ready123 Sun 10-Jan-16 10:39:33

Have a look at Larsson & Jennings. They are around £215 but I think look more expensive and stylish than more obviously "fashion" brands such as Michael Kors.

www.larssonandjennings.com/shop

Ready123 Sun 10-Jan-16 10:41:52

This one might fit the bill:

www.larssonandjennings.com/shop/lader/lader-brown-dress-watch

NNalreadyinuse Sun 10-Jan-16 10:45:22

www.beringtime.com/en-gb/womens-watches/

I like bering watches. They are a Danish brand and I think they look simple and elegant - not overly blingy or fashiony

Favouritethings Sun 10-Jan-16 10:56:45

Citizen or omega

Chelsea26 Sun 10-Jan-16 12:09:26

I love my wooden watch
yesah.com/products/mama-bear-limited-edition-gold
It goes with everything and is unusual and commented upon often!

WhoKn0wsWhereTheMistletoes Sun 10-Jan-16 12:15:58

Citizen Eco-Drive strap watches - I've had one for several years, they don't need batteries and keep perfect time.

shouldiblowthewhistle Sun 10-Jan-16 12:22:02

I quite like DKNY watches - just recently lost mine but I'd had it for almost a decade without fault

DKNY

Elizarome Sun 10-Jan-16 12:28:45

Cost around £100 so may not be quite in the range you're looking for, but I love my Skagen watch. I like clean lines and slim silhouettes and those watches tend to fit the bill - understated and simple, which I think can look expensive. Their range is pretty extensive - mine has a stainless steel mesh strap with dark blue face.

TrollTheRespawnJeremy Sun 10-Jan-16 14:10:15

Another vote for Skagen, they're very minimal and chic.

Pupsiecola Sun 10-Jan-16 15:10:26

I love Fossil watches.

superbfairywren Sun 10-Jan-16 15:34:03

www.ernestjones.co.uk/webstore/d/3904326/fossil+ladies%27+rose+gold-plated+grey+dial+strap+watch/
I got this for Christmas and I absolutely love it!

Agree that the Fossil watches are gorgeous. I've only ever had bog standard cheap watches with numbers and a leather strap, but I do fancy a Fossil one - it would be nice to have a grown up's watch before I reach 50! grin

cressetmama Sun 10-Jan-16 15:47:43

Christopher Ward's website is worth a look. They seem to be closing down their women's line, but had some classy looking diamond clones at fair prices at full price. It has been a few months since I looked, but if there is stock left, you might find a steal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now