Talk

Advanced search

Foundation routine

(8 Posts)
feralgirl Sat 09-Jan-16 19:42:18

What is yours? Do you have one? I don't really have one except that I use primer, then M&S foundation applied with fingers, then a bit of cheap-o powder on the shiny bits.

BUT I was sat in the hairdressers - NY resolution to make some effort with my hair - this afternoon under their million watt, halogen, downwards pointing lights and realised my foundation looked pretty rubbish and wasn't doing much to hide my eye-bags and the nose-to-chin lines.

I figure if I'm going to spend money on making my hair reasonable then my face could improve too. I'm not unrealistic - I'm 38 and I don't want to look like a trowelled-on 20 year old - but if there are any basic tricks or inexpensive products I'm missing out on then I'd love to know!

PeanutButterLips Sat 09-Jan-16 20:37:00

Well I wear crap foundation thAt looks good for a few hours then starts to fade away but not had a chance to buy any different.
I have noticed a lot of fb videos promoting 'younique' products and their foundation looks flawless!
Thinking I might have to widen the budget to purchase this, everyone else seems impressed.
But will be checking back here to see if anyone else posts something better!

mrslebon Sat 09-Jan-16 22:52:16

Have you tried applying your foundation with a brush instead of your fingers? I find that gives a more flawless finish. The Real Techniques expert face brush is a good one. You can get one on Amazon.

TheImprobableGirl Sat 09-Jan-16 23:11:53

I have cheapo Nivea soft moisturiser, followed by ££ foundation (only £32 but quite pricy compared to other make up spends) Dior star- put on with a backstage blender! Job done

feralgirl Sun 10-Jan-16 09:06:51

Brill, cheers :-)

CaptainWarbeck Sun 10-Jan-16 09:15:12

A good primer does make a difference, and using a foundation brush means you can get nice light even coverage all over, and then a little more where you need it without it looking heavy or cakey.

Try a few counters in a department store and go away with a few free samples to try at home. Estée Lauder, Lancome etc all good.

LoadsaBlusher Sun 10-Jan-16 09:35:40

My routine is foundation then concealer under eyes, then bronzer then highlighter powder and blusher.

I was using a primer for a while but didn't notice a difference, also skipping the shine free powder and going straight to bronzer now.

I used to use Revlon foundation but since swapping to Dior the staying power difference is amazing and well worth the extra money.

I have also been following a few of the " younique" presenters on my FB feed but £30 seems steep for a brand I don't know much about...
But yes I agree , in the demo videos the ladies put on , the foundation looks great.

Donge13 Sun 10-Jan-16 09:36:44

Serum
Moisturiser
No7 foundation applied with a brush. It lasts all day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now