Talk

Advanced search

Eye make-up for hooded eyes

(10 Posts)
Ponymagic Sat 09-Jan-16 17:00:50

How does anyone with hooded eyes wear their eye makeup? If I put eyeliner on my upper lash line it just blots onto my upper eyelid so I wear it on my lower lash line which, I suspect, looks pretty out of date. Would love some tips as to how to update my look.

ThanksM

ThatsNotMyRabbit Sat 09-Jan-16 17:10:27

YouTube. Loads of tutorials there 😀

Readysteadyknit Sat 09-Jan-16 17:16:10

This video is good

www.lookfabulousforever.com/makeup-for-older-women-video-tutorials#specific-problems

Readysteadyknit Sat 09-Jan-16 17:18:22

Link doesn't take you straight there - scroll down to Specific Problems and there is one on make up for hooded eyes.

Ponymagic Sat 09-Jan-16 17:36:04

Thanks Ready, will have a look later.

Anyone with hooded eyes and to share their secrets??

prettygreen Sat 09-Jan-16 21:43:45

I used to have the same problem when trying to wear eyeliner on my top lash line. But since using a primer, it's been fine. Have you tried primers? They also help my eyeliner stay put during hay fever season when my eyes leak like mad.

I use Urban Decay and Nars but there are loads out there. It has completely changed my make up look.

Tate15 Sat 09-Jan-16 22:09:39

Have you seen these?

Little adhesive strips that help disguise hooded eyes

m.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=Eye+magic+strips&isNewKw=1&isRefine=true&mfs=GOCLK&acimp=0&_trksid=p2056088.m2428.l1313.TR0.TRC0.Xeye+magic+strips&sqp=eye+magic+strips

Ponymagic Sat 09-Jan-16 22:10:20

I haven't tried primer prettygreen - sounds worth a shot, thank you. Had a look at your video Ready ... some great tips there too, thanks!

Grok Sun 10-Jan-16 04:56:12

I just skip eyeshadow tbh unless I'm doing something smokey. But for everyday I just wear mascara and maybe brightening shadow (like a soft cream colour).

I might add some eyeliner - top and bottom lashes - or I use Liquid Tattoo or something, which is just a great liquid eyeliner that doesn't budge (way better than They're Real eyeliner from Benefit which still made a mess of my eyelids). I forget the brand but it's a high street one in most Boots

I can't wear primer everyday though because it dries out and irritates my skin. When I do, I use Urban Decay's one which always does the job.

TimeToMuskUp Sun 10-Jan-16 08:27:42

NARS and Makeup Revolution eye primers are the best I've found (hooded eyes also). Estee Lauder Double Wear gel eyeliner is amazing at staying-put all day even with my oily lids and Urban Decay pencils are fantastic.

The only other thing I do are lash extensions. They're £55 a pop every 5/6 weeks but make my eyes look amazing in a way products can't. They aren't ridiculously long or thick or false, just enough to make my eyes look brighter and bigger, and I don't have to search for the Holy Grail of mascara.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now